AuthorTopic: Fighter Sprite WIP  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Ricco, the Pirate

• Yarrrr
    • View Profile

Fighter Sprite WIP

on: May 29, 2007, 12:43:14 am
Hello
Just looking for some crits and ideas on this one

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Re: Fighter Sprite WIP

Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 02:03:10 am
I really like the stance, though I notice something with his right arm/hand ...shouldn't you move it a bit or angled it to the right so It doesn't cover a part of his face ? What weapon is it anyway? I also moved the right leg by 1 pixel up and his collar few pixels down.

I hope this helps

yosh64

Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 12:53:57 pm
hey

edit
Well I done most of this edit earlier today.
<-> -> ->

I went over most of this, the least so being the legs.

Firstly, it took me a while to catch onto what was going on with the colar. At first I thought it looked kinda like some sorta hood, and I tried to correct this. I also thought the cloth of the left (his right) sholder/arm looked a bit odd to me, and so to I tried to correct. I went over the lighting/shading, the depth perception of some things seemed off to me also. The fingers of the right (his left) hand looked odd, and crooked to me also, which I tried to correct. I had no idea what that triangle thing was, and it looked crooked/bent, so I tried to strait'n it out and gave it a basic form. Finally I reduced the to just 16 colors (including background).

cyas
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 02:26:30 pm by yosh64 »

Offline Ian

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 07:42:15 pm
I feel the pants give his legs a bit of a flat instead of round look (especially the practically straight transitions between the shades below the knees).  It is a slightly more obvious problem in yosh's edit.  Perhaps round off the bottom of the brighter shades a bit?

Offline Zee

• I wish I could have an avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 08:02:23 pm
Yosh, looks like you dumped sand in his hair, rather then a highlight.

Offline Ricco, the Pirate

• Yarrrr
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 01:47:03 am
hummm...
Froli Tnx for the idea, his hand is supposed to rock back and forth on the animation, so that will be corrected
Yosh64 Your edits gave me some very good crits on the shading overall, especially in the arm with the "thing" and the pants too. The weapon is supposed to be a "ra-seru" kind'a thing, a living weapon, i didnt like the colors I used on it, and the form you gave it goes a little far from where I intended :P, but i guess that shows that the reading of mine was pretty bad, i'll try something easier on the eye.
Whats with hat hair, he looks bald :P
Ianhummm yes, I can see what you mean, fixin those
Zee agreed :P but the position of the highligh is better though