AuthorTopic: More anatomy issues (WIP)  (Read 3465 times)

Offline Tarenken

• View Profile

More anatomy issues (WIP)

on: September 07, 2008, 07:48:52 pm

Posted this 3 other places, so it probably looks familiar.
I think it's a little better than most of my stuff but I probably just got lucky. (yes she will get some clothes)
Crit?

Offline dfcastelao

• View Profile

Re: More anatomy issues (WIP)

Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 10:43:19 pm
Overall position and limbs proportion is fine. I'll point out things that I feel that need more work. Here we go!

• Her right (our left) elbow is at the same height than her breast, way too short. It can't be explained because of the arm position.
  • According to the position of her left (our right) hand the flame blade of the sword should go behind her leg, not in front of it. The thumb should be visible.
  • Her waist is too thin, I bet that it will crack because of the weight of her breast :). The weakest part of the drawing is the lower half. I think that you should spend more time from the hip to the feet.
  • I can tell exactly why, but I feel that head and neck are placed a bit off-centre.
  • Maybe she should bend herself a bit more towards the viewer

Offline Manchesterbeast

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 11:19:30 pm
It's pretty good. I especially like the face and hair. I did a quick little edit to try and address some of the anatomy issues that stuck out most to me. I hope you don't mind.

Her left arm was pretty good but i changed the forearm a little to go with the sword better. also I made the shoulder a lil smaller.
I put some gray "bones" in to show whats wrong with the right arm. its close but Id say it needs a lil tweaking.

I really liked the right breast but I felt the left one was to far out. I made it a bit closer- but that might not nesesarilly be more anatomically correct. it just looks better to me that way.

I also made her crotch smaller (since she's so skinny)

I didnt do anything with the legs or feet but they also need some tweaking.

hope this helps keep up the good work.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 12:02:01 am by Manchesterbeast »

Offline Tarenken

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 12:46:15 am

Fixed it up:
-She's no longer anorexic.
-Sword is behind the leg now.
-Breasts and arm fixed.
-Added a thumb - not sure if it's right, as I'm not too good with hands.
-Made the her right knee more defined
-moved bellybutton up

Should I move the left (her left) knee up? It looks kinda wrong at the moment.
EDIT 2: thinned out the leg.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 01:20:44 am by Tarenken »

Offline Manchesterbeast

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 02:41:53 am
MMMmmm her right arm still looks a little off to me. I may have lead you a-stray with the gray bones before. It might be the hand or maybe its the shoulder, Maybe that arm is just pulled back too far. I dunno... anyways.. I did another rough lil edit because its an easier way for me to show you what I mean.

Okay first off i moved her that right arm out. made the shoulder bigger. I have trouble with hands as well so I used yours and did a slight rotation on it.

Moving the sword behind her leg fixes the angle on her left arm. I fleshed out her left thumb and fore arm a lil more. Also tweaked her left shoulder a little.

I decided to address the legs a little more. I made her left calf longer and roughly outlined her feet. I also moved her right knee down a lil.

Her feet are a bit bigger now. Anyway your on the right track. I like how you added the collar bones. Hands and feet are tricky but it's worth it to spend extra time on them.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 04:03:45 am by Manchesterbeast »

Offline Tarenken

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:52:04 pm

Also changed the wolf a bit.