AuthorTopic: The Mighty Boosh...  (Read 10595 times)

Offline Tinygiant

• View Profile
    • .:: ARMY OF TROLLS ::.

Re: The Mighty Boosh...

Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 08:03:19 pm

considering julien is the main star of the show, he looks kinda boring

heh, well his character is just that :P remember he's the afro dude with the door in his hair as well which is hardly boring :P

Offline hawken

• 8bit fantasy
    • hawkun
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 12:05:34 am
and that is why I don't like cricket!
twitter: https://twitter.com/hawkun
Pirate Pop Plus for 3DS, WiiU & Steam!

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 04:15:57 am
I agree with the monkey comment. He looks mirrored. And no one, human or animal, looks the same on both sides of their face/body. Needs some variation there.

You've got awesome character design and shading, but I feel like there could be a bit more contrast/highlights on the characters.

The title is also awesome but I think it could use some anti-aliasing and highlights.

Offline hawken

• 8bit fantasy
    • hawkun
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 12:00:56 pm

heh, well his character is just that :P remember he's the afro dude with the door in his hair as well which is hardly boring :P

really sorry about this, my bad, I meant the other guy. Far left. Maybe do him in his crazy park keeper outfit?

Some say the second series sucked, but I kinda liked it, except for the moon character

Offline Tinygiant

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 02:07:58 pm

really sorry about this, my bad, I meant the other guy. Far left. Maybe do him in his crazy park keeper outfit?

Some say the second series sucked, but I kinda liked it, except for the moon character

Ah you mean Noel, yeah he needs about 100 costume changes.

I liked the 2nd series as well, tho Dixon Bainbridge (the guy with the pipe for those who dont know) wasnt in it which was a shame.

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 06:37:20 am
I thought he was the most interesting looking.

Offline Miguel

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 06:44:27 am
Hmm i dont know, this whole blocky-face-rendering looks a lot like eboy's face-style .. and I honestly think that you have a cooler style than eboys so..  :-[

The characters are cool and very well done as always.. I just dont know about this new style..  :-\

Offline Tinygiant

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 04:45:12 pm
Hmm i dont know, this whole blocky-face-rendering looks a lot like eboy's face-style .. and I honestly think that you have a cooler style than eboys so..  :-[

The characters are cool and very well done as always.. I just dont know about this new style..  :-\

Sorry to dissapoint, I tell you I very rarely do charactures, I hate doing em and I hardly ever use facial references. I guess I wanted these to look like the actual people and yeah they do look a bit like Eboys blocky face dudes.

For me this it was a good excercise, doing something so totally different from what I usually do, it's nice to adapt to other styles sometimes. I wont be suddenly changing to this style I'll just keep it in my arsenal for when it's needed.

Offline hawken

• 8bit fantasy
    • hawkun
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 11:52:16 pm
I think naboo is really well done but he's the only one standing in ISO perspective ;)

Are you gonna do some more? costume changes would be really cool