AuthorTopic: Hello..Hello..  (Read 3514 times)

Offline metalmac

• View Profile

Hello..Hello..

on: July 21, 2010, 02:49:52 am
 :) Well, Just introducing myself with sum sprite/pixel art included :D

>:( I'm dah Metal Mistier, the Sinister Minister, conquering of all things brutal,  :hehe:
and is currently attempting to conquer the realm of 2d gaming...   :o
So, come here, cause figured it was the right place, to get some help and grab some skills on my pixeling experience...  :crazy:

so, think you can help out?  :n: or  :y:
cause, I'm in need of it bad...

currently working on a custom template for sprites in my game..
.  :'( though, going through a lot of trial and error problems with the animation...
   :( Am hoping for critiques and help in any way possible...  

I don't have any programs that use GIF animation (kicked da GIMP off my computer), so I can only show you everything through images and MNG animation files...

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:51:44 am by metalmac »

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Re: Hello..Hello..

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 05:18:29 pm
If you want a critique on the animation, show us the animation. Most of us are not going to take your images and assemble a gif so we can critique it. Reinstall GIMP if you have to.

Just glancing over it, it looks like his upper arms are too close to his body. This is going to look awkward.

The legs look like he's doing some sort of dance, they move left and right for some reason.

Tough to tell how serious these flaws are without seeing the actual animation, but that's what stands out to me.

Offline mrblu

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 07:30:16 pm
So long story short, I'm a real bro.  And so I animated it myself for you.  Though I am going to suggest you get an animation program like right now.  You're not going to have much luck getting criticism or help if we have to do most of the work.

So your guy seems to shuffle in a circular motion.

I simply took out the idle / passing position.  He's very bow-legged in that stance and it really doesn't complement his walking.  (Do you stand like that when you walk?)

Some general tips I have to offer on this one is...  His head is shaded a lot darker than the rest of his body.  His shoulders look a little stiff--And I'm not sure about his jaw/ear area.  Also his legs seem to be really chubby down to his one pixel wide ankle.  :D

TL:DR, He could use some refining.

Offline metalmac

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 01:46:37 am
 :)  **UPDATE**  ;D

;) Alright, I obtained the GIMP and brought it back onto the computer so I could make sure to animate my images this time around...
 ::) I also spent a heck load of time trying to get the animation working better, although I've came across a huge problem...  :yell:

>:( I worked out all the kinks, and think I've made the north-bound and south-bound animations close to perfection (in an exaggerating way)...
 :-\ Although, the north-bound animation could use a lil more work, but it's good enough...

:'( So, my problem:
I've having trouble creating a east-bound animation. I don't even think I've created a good enough stance image to even begin to create a good animation... So I was wondering if someone could help me out, critique the stuff I've already have, and maybe possibly someone help me with the east-bound animation...
All I need for someone to do in helping me with the east-bound animation is just create an outline... or technically "outlines" for which I can go back over and do all the work, because I cannot get it right...
(fyi) I've been attempting and working on this sprite since monday...

:hehe: Here's Everything Done So Far:

Offline e4r

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 10:02:14 pm