AuthorTopic: [c + c] Sheepdog icons  (Read 6554 times)

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Re: [c + c] Sheepdog icons

Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 12:08:08 am
I really think you should fix the eyes though, it's a huge improvement but to me the eyes still look hella creepy :D

I tried a quick edit, making the eyes larger and adding a more clear reflection.

btw, I played the game but rage quit on the level with water :D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:18:41 am by Seiseki »

Offline pgil

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 02:49:30 pm

Made the eyes a little brighter, and added a darker shadow below the chin...

btw, I played the game but rage quit on the level with water :D
Earlier levels will be easier in the new version.  That level has fewer sheep and less water  :)

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 05:52:21 pm
My Pleasure! seeing such direct, rapid progress is great, massively encouraging. I hope to others too ;D.

Très cute eyes Seiseki :), I might not be able to offer much more advice over the next couple of weeks or so but I think if you cross-reference all the good stuff you've done with the portrait, They'll all look great.

Because i can't help myself; you could use the tail curled around the body to demote shame in the dunce card (similarly to the perky ears in the portrait) and also a big 'D' on the hat might be more legible.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:55:49 pm by Facet »

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 08:28:16 pm
The eyes look more like they'er glazed over right now. Maybe move the reflections up a bit and brighten them a little so the dog doesn't look stoned. Make sure the reflections are easily identifiable from the rest of the eye, too.

Offline pgil

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 08:51:35 pm

Changed the eye a little, making the reflection a different color from the iris. 

I haven't had much time to work on the others... I need to make the final couple of levels next week. Then I should be able to finish off all the graphics.  Maybe (maybe) the game will be finished by the end of January ;D