AuthorTopic: Cactus/Snowoman WIP  (Read 9223 times)

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Re: Cactus/Snowoman WIP

Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 04:46:11 am
I was actually addressing that post to Adam; hence referring to you in third person instead of second.

my brain has died a little tonight, im sorry. rofl

-----

@Saitus:

I think perhaps now the contrast in your palette is a bit too much on the brights and still not enough on the darks. Try evening the palette out some before you apply it to the image.

Also, your dithering seems to be a bit random. I think perhaps you should try shading with solid colours first and then add the dithering in only where it is needed. Dithering is meant to smooth colors together, but in small images, sometimes it isnt needed.
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline Saitus

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 04:47:13 am
I sincerely apologize for the color grab, color has always been my weak point. I guess I didn't see an issue if credit was given, but I do see how color selection will help me more than anything else. I'll work on palette selection throughly in my future pieces. Again, really sorry if I angered anyone, totally wasn't my intention to steal credit for a piece, idea, or palette.

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 04:56:25 am
I sincerely apologize for the color grab, color has always been my weak point. I guess I didn't see an issue if credit was given, but I do see how color selection will help me more than anything else. I'll work on palette selection throughly in my future pieces. Again, really sorry if I angered anyone, totally wasn't my intention to steal credit for a piece, idea, or palette.

ah no dont get me wrong i wasnt angry. I just think that palettes can make or break a piece so its a good thing to learn :). Even if you're not good at it post here and I, if not others aswell, would be glad to help with pointing you in the right direction for them.
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline Saitus

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 05:00:54 am
Alrighty. :]] Will do. I'm working on another edit atm, trying to fix the dithering problem. I'll hit it up in a bit.

Left is with dithering, the right image is without. Still looks wrong to me though.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:13:33 am by Saitus »