AuthorTopic: Ryu  (Read 14371 times)

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Ryu

on: September 14, 2006, 01:40:30 am

CnC welcome..
This is about my 2nd month of pixelating 8)

Its still a working progress.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Re: Ryu

Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:00:06 am
The lines are over AAed, giving them a thick, blurry look.  I'd suggest using less colors on the skin, And more contrast, especially on the (WIP) shirt.

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 03:09:22 am

Ok, theres the final, dont be too hard on the face im no good with them.
I changed a few things and I agree with you I made the lines too thick but im satisfied with it.

Offline tomster 785

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 08:11:57 am
why are all of his colours wrong? the hair is brown, yet you used dark grey, his robe thingy is white, yet you used pink, his gloves are red and you used brown, his eyes are brown yet you used pink, his skin colour is pale, yet you used half cast (yep using skin colour terms now) all the colours are wrong you even got his shading wrong (if you were trying to copy your referance pic)

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 08:41:53 am
His eyes are way too big, and he is looking to his right, instead in front of him.
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline tomster 785

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 09:43:31 am
I'm gonna make something, just to show you how it would look coloured in properly, will edit when done

edit: here:

sorta chibi like but it should show you what I mean about the colouring, it's looks better if the colours are right (and easier to tell who it is)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:07:08 am by tomster 785 »

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 10:29:44 am
Tom: I think the colours he choose are just a stylistic preference, its too obviously different to be a mistake (oh and btw, edits are usually modifications of there piece to show what needs to be done (hence the name "edit"), not a new piece altogether)

VictorR: the main issue about the piece atm is the face and the anatomy of the forearm (though its not particular well done in the drawing either). use your ref pictures face as well, a reference for what your doing; look at the difference is proportion and placing of each of the features and imitate that within your own piece. other then that i think you've done the rest of it quite nicely.

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline tomster 785

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 10:35:00 am
I didnt say I was going to edit his peice, I said I was going to make a  peice, well I guess that is true but I think it would look better with the proper colours (and easier to tell who it is)

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 10:39:19 am
will edit when done

edit: here:

Hrm? even so, you generally should not make new pieces altogether just to show some one what you could show them in an edit (or even just words). its kinda Thread Hijackingish

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 11:22:27 am
This isn't bad, but it's lacking some shapes and contours of the original and some things are too boxy, like the eyes and the piece of his shirt going over his shoulder