AuthorTopic: [WIP] RPG south Walkcycle  (Read 7405 times)

Offline rydath

• View Profile

[WIP] RPG south Walkcycle

on: March 12, 2007, 05:15:57 am
After procrastinating forever, I finally decided to get on my lazy butt today and make a south walkcycle for one of my sprites.

Before I clean up each frames' shading, I was wondering if someone could help pick out what's wrong with it for me? This is my first walkcycle I've made, so while I'm proud of it, I can't help but feel something about it looks a little off. :-\
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 08:51:38 pm by rydath »

Offline Generic

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] RPG south Walkcycle

Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 05:39:04 am
Well I am no expert but maybe I can help. Right now it almost looks like he is dancing in place. I think the reason he looks still is because of how long his armor is. Maybe if the cloth folded, or moved up a bit it would look better. Sorry I could only offer such little advice but I'm not that great myself.

Offline DJ gman

• what a secksy beast
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 05:43:51 am
some more clearly defined arm movement would help. make his arms go more inward on his longest stride

Offline rydath

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 06:30:21 am
Generic: Good point, I should make the cloth at the bottom flip up to the side a little or something when the leg goes forward.

DJ: Ah, yeah, that incorrect swing in the arm is totally screwing with it.

Thanks both of you. I'll do my best to fix it up.

Offline Serena

• View Profile
    • Serena's Deviant Art

Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 06:41:20 am
I think you should make the guy's shoulders move more, tilting in left and right with his arms.  Right now it's kind of like his arms are just dangling from his shoulders.

Offline rydath

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:49:59 am
Oh duh! Of course, shoulder rotation.  :blind: I should probably rotate his chest a little while I'm at it. Thanks, Serena.

Offline Ricco, the Pirate

• Yarrrr
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 03:56:40 pm
Oh duh! Of course, shoulder rotation.  :blind: I should probably rotate his chest a little while I'm at it. Thanks, Serena.
Yes, that's it!
 But right now I can't help to think that he is in an "I feel good soundtrack" sort of moment :P

Offline rydath

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 08:56:56 pm
Yes, that's it!
 But right now I can't help to think that he is in an "I feel good soundtrack" sort of moment :P

I have no such soundtrack, but yeah, good times.  :y: (Wonders if there's a joke at his expense hidden somewhere in there.  :-\)
Anyways, little update.

I think it looks slightly better, though of course needs cleaning, and probably a tiny bounce in the hair to make it a bit more fun. Anything else that really looks to need fixing?

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 09:53:19 pm
His handswing looks a bit off to legs cycle...
[quick edit]I  made a few might be unessesary changes along, just for idea..=) Colours a bit too burned for me, though, but that's an intimate zone.=))

Offline rydath

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 08:23:38 am
Haha, awesome!  :lol: Thanks for taking the time out to edit and show me by example, I'm DEFINITELY gonna get alot out of looking at what you did with those arms and the hair with my edits to come. Not a fan of what you did to the feet, though; it looks like he's walking backwards somehow.

Anyhow, what's 'burned' mean in this context? My savvy with pixel-lingo is nul.  :-[