AuthorTopic: Shmup Shots  (Read 12254 times)

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Shmup Shots

on: May 30, 2007, 06:08:17 pm
I posted these in the Intros thread, but I thought I'd post them here so they're up for more open critique, if you feel so inclined to oblige. It's been a few months since I've pixelled anything, and my eyes are a refreshed and seeing lots of things I could tidy up, but my skills are perhaps somewhat bluntened.

The more I look at it, the more I think I will redo that night sky backdrop, and the cave backdrop, too. Anyways, C&Cs if-you please!  :D

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Re: Shmup Shots

Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 06:16:33 pm
I gave you some earlier, and I still stand by that either the BGs need reduced contrast, or the sprites increased - or both.
Cause your sprites are blending in with those (gorgeous) backgrounds.

Offline Hishnak

• View Profile
    • Aphotic Pixel

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 06:50:10 pm
This looks exactly like a game I played called Titan Exodus. I just spent half an hour trying to find the right version but to no avail. I'm serious though, that player ship sprite looks copied...and the way the game looks, and the rocks. I guess nobody will believe me If I don’t' have the goods though  :-\ I couldn't keep silent though. The Celtic symbol in the top left of the right screen is also a prominent figure in the other game which leads me to believe that the similarities aren’t an accident.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:52:35 pm by Hishnak »

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 07:54:34 pm
This looks exactly like a game I played called Titan Exodus. I just spent half an hour trying to find the right version but to no avail. I'm serious though, that player ship sprite looks copied...and the way the game looks, and the rocks. I guess nobody will believe me If I don’t' have the goods though  :-\ I couldn't keep silent though. The Celtic symbol in the top left of the right screen is also a prominent figure in the other game which leads me to believe that the similarities aren’t an accident.

this is the only close screenshots i could find:
http://satansam.co.uk/screenies/messy.png
http://games.whahay.net/screens/Titan_Omega_Revelations_2.PNG
http://www.dsl-tools.de//bilder/1163245908.jpg

and personnaly, even if they did inspire eyecraft, he did a wonderful job!!   ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:59:18 pm by Feron »

Offline Hishnak

• View Profile
    • Aphotic Pixel

Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:02:17 pm
That’s the first game...Titan Omega Revelations I believe it's called. There was a demo of the second Called Titan Exodus. The player ship from Titan Exodus is nearly identical to eyecraft’s.

I don't know, maybe I'm not seeing this in perspective but as I said, I just couldn’t keep silent on something I found slightly fishy.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 08:07:45 pm

Doesn't look the same to me. I mean, the design is alot like it, but they're definatly different pixels.

Offline Hishnak

• View Profile
    • Aphotic Pixel

Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 08:29:09 pm
That’s not the right one either, dang, I'm going to email the guy and get the right shots just to validate my story and keep myself from looking like a fool out to tear down peoples reputations (some how I think its too late for that  :P)

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 08:30:53 pm
That’s the first game...Titan Omega Revelations I believe it's called. There was a demo of the second Called Titan Exodus. The player ship from Titan Exodus is nearly identical to eyecraft’s.

I don't know, maybe I'm not seeing this in perspective but as I said, I just couldn’t keep silent on something I found slightly fishy.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing what you're seeing. :huh:

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 08:34:11 pm
great start eyecraft, i'd definitely up the contrast of your ship, and maybe increase the contrast along the edges of the level, otherwise it could get frustrating for players!

Offline Hishnak

• View Profile
    • Aphotic Pixel

Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 08:37:00 pm
While I'm waiting on the shots from the actual game I'll just post this one from the other one.

Take a look at the score font, its almost identical. The rocks look very similar as well.

I have nothing against eyecraft, just to clarify. I'm not out to hurt his reputation or anything.