AuthorTopic: Small Eskimo-ish Sprite [C&C please]  (Read 2753 times)

Offline CodeCriminal

• View Profile

Small Eskimo-ish Sprite [C&C please]

on: September 12, 2010, 11:21:37 pm
Hello all, been a while since ive posted/visited, or pixeled anything but today I seem to have a little pixel fever (just my luck too, right at the end of the summer holidays)

This is just a small piece to get my bearings back, and at the moment im interested in advancing my skills in the direction of small/overworld RPG sprites, aswell as general improvement.

I know its not much, but its something atleast. plus I've left in the individual stages of how i go about spriting for perhaps some C&C on that if possible.

Not sure what else to say at this stage..
Thanks  :)

EDIT: Ok, im gonna just throw this in here, its a front view of my characters overworld sprite that totally sucks imo..
What im looking for is something a little more like the pokemon characters for the handhelds, but when i try to pick those sprites apart they are very complex, I feel like there are some pixeling techinques im sorely missing, and I have a difficult time imagining how someone might even begin a sprite like that.. *sigh* I don't know, lets see what you think.

Thanks again :)

EDIT 2: Sprites to small to critique?? =/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:46:14 pm by CodeCriminal »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Small Eskimo-ish Sprite [C&C please]

Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 09:06:59 pm
It's a great sprite. Nice detail packed in there, though still readable. Tasteful colors.

Your front side char uses an animation technique that's been under debate around here for a while as being inferior to the alternative. Have you seen those threads? Someone else be able to point you in the right direction. Basically it's re-using that 1st and 3rd frame that is the main symptom of the bad method.

Offline CodeCriminal

• View Profile

Re: Small Eskimo-ish Sprite [C&C please]

Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 01:11:56 am

I will have a little hunt around for these threads tommorow.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 01:15:39 am by CodeCriminal »