AuthorTopic: I need some help!!! I'm a beginner  (Read 4665 times)

Offline ravensdesigns

• View Profile

Re: I need some help!!! I'm a beginner

Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 05:39:09 am
how come?? it opens my profile though >.< the same as the one you gave to me O.o

but thanks for correcting me... how to get the exact link?? sorry for that..  i already modified my post thanks
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:44:44 am by ravensdesigns »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 08:09:09 am
Aha. Showing some more pieces did indeed help a bit in understanding the problem. I think what is probably best is that you work towards a mockup. What this means is a full scene that represents more or less what the game looks like.

You already made a bunch of survival characters, that give a good idea of what the people will be like (leaving style alone for a minute). You already expressed having issues representing horror (don't worry, we can get back to that later, I think I have a few cool examples for you that would fit your style just fine), so we'll leave that last.

So, the environment, what's that going to be like? You could start pixelling it, but you could also take some random google image to describe a feel you get. You could even make some sort of collage out of these (I could show you how to, if you want). Next you should place your characters into this scene and start playing around until it feels like what you want. Once the characters are in a scene, it's going to be easier to gauge what is "childish", what is "too plain" and where to take it from there.

Sound good?

Offline ravensdesigns

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 10:39:38 am
Nice!! I haven't thought about that ;D i'll try doing that!! i'll try to make my own environment too while i'm at it (it'll take some time though), thank you very much ;D but if you have time please do give me some examples too so that I have a guide ;D and when I'm finished I'm looking forward to receive a critique ;D

Oh btw i'm making a new experiment XD ahaha i'm studying a new way of pixel art it's my first time to make a big one like your avatar and ragnarok ahaha

what do you guys think?? and I found myself more comfortable making my colour ramps on circle so i can see it properly ahahaha. it's not done yet, actually I got problems with the eyes and the design of the body muscle's light and shadow and the hair looks weird, anyway I'm also looking forward for some critiques when i'm with this ;D so i'll be away for now!! but please help me again when I get back!! i'll use this topic again so see yah for now ;D.. Thanks again Gil! i'll be back!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:41:29 am by ravensdesigns »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 10:55:14 am
Nice!! I haven't thought about that ;D i'll try doing that!! i'll try to make my own environment too while i'm at it (it'll take some time though), thank you very much ;D but if you have time please do give me some examples too so that I have a guide ;D and when I'm finished I'm looking forward to receive a critique ;D

From a recent thread here, pretty good example:

Basically, he just sketched in a rough environment to fit in his characters, which also gives a good indication of perspective and such.

what do you guys think?? and I found myself more comfortable making my colour ramps on circle so i can see it properly ahahaha.
Making color orbs like that is a pretty good way to figure out colors actually, good job :)