AuthorTopic: Character Concept: Armageddon Critique would be very much appreciated  (Read 2917 times)

Offline ZodiakLucien

• View Profile

First and foremost I would like to say hello, I am new to these forums and I like what I see. I can learn a lot from all these great artists. To the piece here this is one of my character concepts, named Armageddon. I drew this at school during my web design class, so I used MSpaint. I usually use GraphicsGale. So I would like some critique to improve my pixeling skills. I have seen what this community has done to other peoples works and I wish the same to happen to mine.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
as a design, it maintains a fairly strong sense of balance and design, although id love if those little yellow flashes were not only on the head.

in terms of the artwork itself, i would say to avoid such rigid and conflicting lines, theres too many paths for the eye to follow and therefor the object becomes visually "sticky" in that the eye cannot move within it as a form.  Adjusting the pose to have more flow and simplifying the more dithered areas will help in this, and establishing a lightsource would help significantly.

welcome to the forums and good luck with your work :P
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline ZodiakLucien

• View Profile
no one else can get me any constructive criticism?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides
Adarias pretty much covered it. It doesn't read well. If you made something just a silhouette and a viewer can't tell what it is, you gotta hit the drawing board again.