AuthorTopic: Human Body [WIP]  (Read 13959 times)

Offline hiddddde

• View Profile

Human Body [WIP]

on: January 03, 2008, 11:47:01 am
Hi,
This is my first topic here on Pixelation and I hope i'll get some good tips :P
This is a pixelart I just made for fun. It's from a drawing I made in Japan.

I know his hand doesn't look good but I'm working on his body at the moment.

*Hidde

Offline hiddddde

• View Profile

Re: Human Body [WIP]

Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 01:54:27 pm
Hmm... 46 vieuws and no reply :p
But yea.. I worked forward and added some legs on his body.

The shadow on his body doesn't fit in the whole picture I think. Just need and idea to change that.

*Hidde

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 03:33:05 pm
are you working on this off the top of your head? I'd advise you to just do a few minutes research, on google or something, there are more reference pictures and sites about how to go about the human body than you can shake a stick at. Atm it honestly doesn't make a whole lotta sense, you need to know the path you want to follow before someone can help you on your way.

You may not want to be 100% anatomically correct but knowing how to go about drawing certain parts of the body and knowing how to go about constructing it will help you in the long run.

This is a quick image search for comparisant, but I'd strongly suggest you research further.
http://turboatomic.com/media/1/20060803-Full_body_v5_small.jpg

The amount of views doesn't mean a thing, I could get hundreds but it wont mean people are just looking at my thread and leaving. Not everyone on this forum will know exactly what to say, because the human body is a complicated thing, I sure don't know how to draw it perfectly I'd be in the same boat as you, I just know from thread after thread on many forums that taking the time to understand your subject material is the way to go, lets say, look before you leap. Also I think there may be a lot of lurkers about too.

Aswell I think having a bit more contrast with your palette will help you too, the shading is there, but without a lot of contrast between the shades it will just look a bit flat.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 03:35:37 pm by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline hiddddde

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 06:42:19 pm
Weeh :O Nice man
Thanks It's so helpful

Offline Leaf

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 07:55:15 pm
Really, the only things I see besides the things that Terley mentiones are that the head and left arm look a little to big.

Is the right arm yet to be pixeled, or is it hidden behind the body?

Edit:
I know his hand doesn't look good

This image may help:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:06:37 pm by Leaf »

Offline hiddddde

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 08:16:50 pm
I don't know sure about his hands :P I think I will search for a refference because I am bad at hands :P
Btw how about this?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:18:21 pm by hiddddde »

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 08:55:01 am
His head is huge, redo that.  Keep the legs, but change the knees so that they're lower and not as long, the legs are the best part thus far.  The abs are too low and the chest is too large, but then again the torso in general is way too big.  The arm should be less stiff, no one locks out their elbows like that, show him in a comfortable position.  The muscles of the arm also look wonky, I suggest seeking references of human anatomy, arms in particular.

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 12:13:54 pm
His head is huge, redo that.  Keep the legs, but change the knees so that they're lower and not as long, the legs are the best part thus far.  The abs are too low and the chest is too large, but then again the torso in general is way too big.  The arm should be less stiff, no one locks out their elbows like that, show him in a comfortable position.  The muscles of the arm also look wonky, I suggest seeking references of human anatomy, arms in particular.

try looking at something like http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/2804/bodytutorialnp1.jpg

or googling "human proportions".

also trying using more contrast between your colours it will make easier to see where your shading looks right/wrong

Offline Rosse

• ssero
    • bluecrystalrod
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 03:21:10 pm
Currently, the biggest issue is the anatomy. I don't think the head is too big, generally, because the head and the upper part of the chest are the only things which have the correct size-relation. I imported the pic into photoshop and used the transform tool to squeeze it into the correct proportions. Please consider I'm not a anatomy professional, I just used a anatomy table (7.5 head sized). Please use a ref and not my pic, because it's not 100% accurate

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 03:24:31 pm
Gah no, now the body is way too long.
Just lengthen the leggs (by taking away from the torso), make the head smaller and the arm/body less muscular OR the legs more muscular