AuthorTopic: My game sprite, I need comments and possible help making animations  (Read 2900 times)

Offline azrith001

• View Profile
Hello everyone, Im new to the site of course but I have a few questions I need to ask you.

first off, Hows my sprite for my game. Its a platform space shooter called Project GESS, which stands for Genetically Enhanced Super Soldier. The character below is Deadalus The main character of the game. I need help setting up the walking, running, shooting, jumping, and climbing animations. As you will see I am not the best of animators.. I have spent more time programing then on pixel art so I have failed.. :'(

yes my animations suck..

Thanks in advance, It would really help me if you could.. Im so bogged down with tons of coding junk and lots of music to compose.. level designs, etc..

Offline azrith001

• View Profile
bump!

The character can have as many frames as you want.. just make it pretty, also how does the sprite look should I change anything?

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
We are not going to do any work for you, that is not how this forum works. We can however give you some info on how to achieve results.

First of all, you are using a lot of dirty tools. It doesn't really matter that much, but people are going to have issues with it, just warning you.

Your sprite's arms are far too small, they should be a bit longer and thicker. For the walking animation, try searching for threads on this forum. Here's two common references to use:

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile
There's also a unpaid jobs board here which is the more appropriate place to post a request like this.
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?board=14.0

Like Gil said, this is not really a request forum, but you might also try the gamemaker forums at yoyogames.com. I remember seeing a request board there.