AuthorTopic: Megalith mario!  (Read 11652 times)

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Re: Megalith mario!

Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 11:12:15 pm
yes drawing diagonals is the way you could do it if you wanted everything to be perfect, but the clean up work for a 12x16 grid would be pretty big and the smaller squares would be unlegible, if i use 4 point ill use this technique tho.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 01:42:35 am by QuaziGNRLnose »
Originally posted by Jeff

I AM A GIANT DONUT MANATEE

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Megalith mario!

Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 03:18:49 pm
(sorry, Quazi)

This discussion has become monotonous, but Ryu, obviously I'm only referring to the facilitation possible through certain means offered by some software and knowing when to use it, not defaulting to always taking a piggy-back ride whenever possible. Accurate reference, be it 3D models of human figures or something else, is essential for checking your work against reality to verify you're correct. Try and be a little less pretentious in your assumptions, please; I don't enjoy being publicly labeled as lazy, I'm anything but. We share the same point of view, I was probably just taken a wee bit out of context.
I think this issue really depends on the circumstances. And you bring out a great point - when time is money, as an artist if you don't understand the concept of production then you're going to be spending too much time on things unnecessarily, save the devoted personal development for personal-time projects, not commercial, unless you enjoy starvation. Yes, painful for an artist, but often to a large extent quantity outweighs quality. With a few exceptions, this is generally how money is made. I second the notion to live in the details and the basic structure of a peice, perfect it's composition, and learn better what the heck we're doing. There's so much to learn. And yes, save the facilitating production techniques for when money is on the line.