AuthorTopic: First pixel drawin, and first isometric drawing  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Jaysin86

• View Profile

First pixel drawin, and first isometric drawing

on: June 09, 2013, 08:49:09 pm
Hello all. I've been researching pixel art and what not intensely for a few weeks now and figured I would give it a try. So for some reason I decided to draw a Well, well here it is, please give me your opinions/suggestions. I do intend to do make a game and use this in the game, but the Well will be of no importance in the game but rather just scenery. Thanks!

Offline Sohei

• View Profile

Re: First pixel drawin, and first isometric drawing

Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 09:05:33 pm
The roof is a bit off. Tones need more contrast, and I'd add some saturation.

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 12:02:38 am
I think the main problem is that the proportion is off at some places. It's hard to say as long as you don't have characters for size referencing.
The wooden roof could use more height, the diameter could be bigger or both.

There are lots of convincing size references if you check out google.
google stone well
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 01:56:54 am
It looks great as a start.
But yeah it kinda looks like a medieval Super Mario pipe than a well.
But yeah it seems the base is too high and the stones.
The stones on the base should have some variation in size and hue, and they're a bit too small compared with the blocks on the top bit.
I feel like the hole in the top could be a touch wider without changing the outside diameter.

Will there be a handle and a bucket?
Pretty useless well without it unless everyone manually ties their own bucket on a rope then accidentally drops it in the well  :yell:

Sohei is correct in those points there but I think that roof has grown just a touch too large in that edit.

Offline Jaysin86

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 01:47:05 pm
It looks great as a start.
But yeah it kinda looks like a medieval Super Mario pipe than a well.
But yeah it seems the base is too high and the stones.
The stones on the base should have some variation in size and hue, and they're a bit too small compared with the blocks on the top bit.
I feel like the hole in the top could be a touch wider without changing the outside diameter.

Will there be a handle and a bucket?
Pretty useless well without it unless everyone manually ties their own bucket on a rope then accidentally drops it in the well  :yell:

Sohei is correct in those points there but I think that roof has grown just a touch too large in that edit.

I thought the same thing about the Super Mario pipe when I was first drawing it. Ill try to find some time to work on it tonight and post the updated version. I also did plan to add a bucket and handle, so I'll try to include that with my update. Thanks all.