AuthorTopic: Stone Statue (WIP)  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Stone Statue (WIP)

on: August 13, 2006, 02:21:06 am

Hows it looking so far? i want to get some general crits before i finish it.

(oh and some advise about how to do hair would be nice too)

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Re: Stone Statue (WIP)

Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 04:00:42 pm

Sorry, couldn't resist editing.  :)

I made her body a bit bigger, to get closer to that classic greek statue ideal. I'm not sure if that's what you were going for, but anyway. I also ditched the lineart, so that it feels more like an object, not a gray-colored person. The last thing I did was adding a second lightsource, to make it a bit more interesting to look at and also to bring out the shape and forms of her boobies figure.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Stone Statue (WIP)

Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 08:16:53 pm
i think you may be dithering a bit too much; i mean sure it is alright for blending, but it creates a textures that really doesnt fit in with sculpture, and it starts to look blander the more you do it.  i like the idea fo junkboys edit, though it feels entirely overrendered for a stone sculpture, it looks polished.  not really sure what else to say about it.  i tihnk if the entire sculpture were handled like the base in junks edit, it would look really great.  anatomically it looks alright, though the arm is a little bit of a noodle and something is awkward about the breasts (junkboy fixed this issue in his edit so i wont try to find the words)
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.