AuthorTopic: Traceur  (Read 4526 times)

Offline sehamsyed

• View Profile

Traceur

on: September 04, 2009, 02:04:25 pm
Hi everyone :)

A traceur in an idle pose... my very first attempt on creating a sprite... earlier i tried my hands on a mini space craft... c&c welcome... thanks

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:07:32 pm by sehamsyed »

Offline Seele07

• View Profile

Re: Traceur

Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 12:57:19 pm
He looks a bit stiff to me, with all the power in his chest. Like he wants to scream out something in the next second O_o

I know, that it's not that easy, but try to let him look, like he is really resting or idle on his feet and legs. Maybe animating him, is helpful?

Besides from that, he looks very good. :)

Greetings,
Ingo

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 01:38:28 pm
You color clusters are placed in sort of awkward places. The bright dots in his top, the fact that the skin outlines are brighter than the shading within his arm. It looks noisy and sort of random, think well about what you want your shading to convey and then try to shade as clearly as possible.
' _ '

Offline sehamsyed

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 05:01:26 pm
Thanks for your valuable comments JAD and Seele.... i really needed expert advice out here...  ;D

Jad: Thanks again.... Yeah that was random "the bright spots", i'll clean it up.. and when its come to shading... man im bad.. i'll work on that tonight... and if its not too big JAD..  any idea where i can find resources on shading that would be of great help.

Seele: thanks alot... i would certainly do that.. as its my first sprite... my head was completly blank and i didnt know how to put things together... but now i think i got a little bit of an idea... thanks to everyone on this forums..

Cheers mate...:)

Offline Seele07

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 05:09:32 pm
You are welcome Dude ^_^

Greetings,
Ingo

Offline sehamsyed

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 03:40:59 pm
Hi,

I re-shaded the arms and the T-shirt by keeping Jad's comment in mind.
And if this is good enough, i guess i'll try to animate this guy.

Please C&C on the updated sprite.

Right one is the updated sprite.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 04:12:27 pm by sehamsyed »

Offline sehamsyed

• View Profile

WIP: Traceur (animation)

Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 05:37:56 pm
Hi guys  ;D,

I added two frames of animation to the sprite nothing extraordinary (I guess pixel movement)... just a simple breathe movement on the upper body... I would really appreciate if you guys guide me on it to make this piece stand out to some level.... C&C is what I’m looking out for...

cheers,

Offline mambazo

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 04:18:13 pm
Most sports people, and singers, make a point of breathing from the diaphragm. Maybe there should be some motion in the gray pixels of the t-shirt to imply that the belly is also inflating somewhat :)