AuthorTopic: Trying to Improve  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Aastikya

• View Profile
    • Emerald Advertising

Trying to Improve

on: December 26, 2012, 02:57:32 pm
Hello everyone,

I've been making Hulk(without using references) in RPG or 3/4 perspective.

I think I have some perspective issues and probably muscle toning issues. I'd be glad to have your help. I'd like to learn to have right perspectives, better coloring and shading techniques.

Thanks in advance.

~Aastikya

Just wondering why no replies?

(It's only been a day, at a busy time of year! avoid bumping threads without content or in rapid succession, edit instead. - Facet)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:22:20 pm by Facet »
Are you Looking for a an Advertising Agency to advertise your product? Then Emerald Advertising is just for you!

Offline Lachie Dazdarian

• View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff

Re: Trying to Improve

Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 11:37:49 pm
You must be aware that sometimes it is difficult or unrewarding to post constructive criticism on certain pieces, for various reasons. Either the pieces is good as it is and nothing constructive/educational/demonstrative can be said/done about it, beside doing it in a different style. Sometimes we lack context for certain pieces of pixel art and would be able to suggest/comment better if we saw it inside the game environment, beside other game characters or maybe animated. Trust me, when you get no response but obviously are producing usable art, keep working. Don't let the lack of response hold you back. If you are doing something obviously wrong, I'm deeply convinced a skilled pixel artist will point to it. Unless when a noob posts something he aborted in 5 minutes. Some things can't be helped. But this is not the case here.

For this very piece I would suggest trying to express fingers on the fists if possible. I would definitely like to see him in some context. Eyes contrast quite nicely with skin tone, IMO.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:40:06 pm by Lachie Dazdarian »