AuthorTopic: Pixel Paper!  (Read 4028 times)

Offline CRUSHER

• View Profile

Pixel Paper!

on: April 12, 2008, 02:13:17 am
Hey all, I am doing a research paper on pixeling and programing + music and I was wondering if you guys could tell me about some of this art.... I have done spriting myself and simple GML coding. I am a member of Game Maker Community. I am a team leader of game making teams. One of the teams I have CMR (if you know him) in!

-CRUSHER

Thank YOu!

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Re: Pixel Paper!

Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 02:21:34 am
Might help if you asked something more specific, like "How do you feel about Russian Rokenrol Revolutions and their influence on the art?"
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 02:23:30 am
Agreed, but let me share something pixel related with you. The term "pixel art" was coined by two gents at Xerox's research company.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 02:40:08 am
If you want some in depth knowledge, im sure there are alot of very talented artists here that would be willing to do something along the lines of an interview.

Offline CRUSHER

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 02:46:29 am
Could you name a few so I can PM or E-Mail them?

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 03:53:46 am
So, is this for a highschool assignment? Can't you just copy a chunk from wikipedia?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline CRUSHER

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 04:22:54 am
Actually, Wikipedia could be wrong.... any person can just change crap on that site..... (no offense)(good idea though) ;)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 05:16:11 am
Whats wrong with wikipedia? Just because someone could have made it all up, doesn't mean that the information is incorrect. Look at when the page has been revised last. If its been a long time, then this suggests the information is correct (given that there is a higher chance someone knowledgable looked at the page and thought it was okay) or that no-one really cares about pixel art history. I'd suggest searching random words in the 'snippets' for this book until you can build up a history of pixel art (assuming you believe books are a more reliable souce of information because theres a publisher involved):

http://books.google.com/books?lr=&id=CoxRAAAAMAAJ&dq=%22pixel+art%22+history&q=history&pgis=1

I wasn't seriously suggesting your should plagiarise, I'm just being an ass. You should give more info about length and requirements of assignment and why you need help. How do we know you're not lazy and just want someone to do your homework for you?

Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline CRUSHER

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 05:26:52 am
(damnit you figured me out..... joking)

I guess I will look at the library AND Wiki! Actually, I have found alllot of books about programing and Spriting...... but not much about that damn topic music/effects   >:(