AuthorTopic: Floating stars (+1 Visibility)  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Floating stars (+1 Visibility)

on: September 07, 2006, 10:48:33 pm
Clr was kind enough to send me an edit regarding the colors. Shit was sure hard to see here. When taking his advice into account, i decided to go a somewhat different path. here

Old

Interpretations, reinterpretations and suggestions welcome.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:41:59 am by Turbo »

Offline Turbo

• View Profile

Re: Floating stars (+1 Visibility)

Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 11:50:17 pm
A little light interaction test piece.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 05:54:48 am

The first pic reminds me of the Tick or w/e, that cartoon from the 90's. :) 
The first thing I noticed was that his left arm (on our right) blends into his face too much, I think some definition of the outline in the face or contrast bewtween the face and the arm is needed.
The other thing is the grass feels like its shaded wrong; the light seems like its coming from his right (our left), but on the turf, its coming from all sides.

As for the pyramid:
The grey seems like a bad color to shade with, because it seems too.....neutral or something.... Unless its a grey pyramid and its a really strong blue light, I think you could get away with changnig the shade color.

btw: \m/ pyramids!
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Turbo

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 08:28:19 pm
Yeah, i loved the Tick. Wasn't an inspiration, but i can see the resemblance. Initially the guy was going to be an amorphous thing, hard to discern, but then i liked the antennas and left the cleaner look.

A few minor changes, according to what you suggested:

Thanks for the pointers.

On the piramid, it was my first experiment trying to see what came out of mixing colors in graphics gale (a specific task which is a bit of a pain to do, specially with mixing multiple shadings of multiple colors, which is needed to do lighting effects) and my ability to render lighting on objects with those colors. The grey was purposeful, chosen as a neutral color, and the strong saturated blue light too, to see the difference between colors of opposite properties. Didn't come out exactly as i planned, next time it'll be closer to that. Just a quick exercise thing.