AuthorTopic: Cactus/Snowoman WIP  (Read 9220 times)

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: Cactus/Snowoman WIP

Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 03:00:05 am
Saitus I expect a full explanation of your behavior ASAP unless you want to get banned.

Offline Saitus

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 03:07:00 am
I put colors/idea and linked to that exact image...

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 03:24:38 am
Perhaps you misunderstand me.  What I meant was, a full explanation of why you thought you could get away with ripping someone's design, idea, and palette, on a board where THAT PERSON WAS A MEMBER, and all the admins and mods are virulent anti-ripping activist psychos.

EDIT - I should have read the edit date more carefully on his original post; when I read it last night I thought that credit was added after Jericho's observation.  My apologies!  Carry on with the helpful critique :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 03:15:14 pm by AdamAtomic »

Offline Saitus

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 03:47:21 am
Well, it's not totally illegal to be inspired when you see someone else's piece? I gave credit where it was due. It's done differently, every pixel was done by hand. I
m a learning pixeler, and one thing I do is examine other people's styles and works. I was just viewing art at pixeljoint, when I came across this piece. I really liked the piece, and I got an idea when I saw it. It's like if someone saw x cartoon character and sprited it.

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 04:11:02 am
Well, it's not totally illegal to be inspired when you see someone else's piece? I gave credit where it was due. It's done differently, every pixel was done by hand. I
m a learning pixeler, and one thing I do is examine other people's styles and works. I was just viewing art at pixeljoint, when I came across this piece. I really liked the piece, and I got an idea when I saw it. It's like if someone saw x cartoon character and sprited it.

I am not talking about the subject matter. I'd be retarded to point fingers simply b/c you drew a cactus. You palette was ripped from my piece. You took each colour and used it in the same way I did. Part of the learning process should be to create your -own- palettes. Using someone elses and not giving credit is the same as simply editing a pre-existing sprite and saying you 'made' it.
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 04:16:24 am
Sorry to interrupt and all, but Saitus did give credit for the palette:
*colors/idea thanks to http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/17116.htm*
Though while not the best idea to use someone else's palette, point is, Saitus gave credit so I'm not seeing the problem. I'm not trying to pick a fight here, so don't tear me out, just trying to help.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 04:19:18 am
If you look at the time of his most recent edit on the first post, and your first reply in this thread, he actually added the credit before you said anything.
I say cut the guy some slack. The cactus bears very little resemblance to Jericho's one, and he had already given credit and changed the palette before anyone tried to bust his ass. I think the heavy handed aproach to this thread is a bit embaressing.

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 04:31:24 am
If you look at the time of his most recent edit on the first post, and your first reply in this thread, he actually added the credit before you said anything.
I say cut the guy some slack. The cactus bears very little resemblance to Jericho's one, and he had already given credit and changed the palette before anyone tried to bust his ass. I think the heavy handed aproach to this thread is a bit embaressing.

I actually saw this yesterday right after he posted it. I had no reason to go back and look at the main post again. I dont see how i was being heavy handed. When I saw the post there was no credit and all i said was that it's not nice to not credit.
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 04:33:38 am
I was actually addressing that post to Adam; hence referring to you in third person instead of second.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 04:35:07 am
Yeah, Adam did sound pretty pissed(You did sound pretty pissed, with the bold text and all). Now, can we please get back to helping Saitus instead of ranting on about this? This is a pretty crappy welcome to the forums for him if you ask me.