AuthorTopic: Rpg Chars =)  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Vans

• View Profile

Rpg Chars =)

on: June 24, 2006, 07:44:11 pm
These sprites are for a mmorpg called alchemy online based on fullmetal alchemist:

what do you think? ^^

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Re: Rpg Chars =)

Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 08:35:53 pm
I think they're quite nice. I have a few crits, though, that may be helpful.
First, the colour count could probably be lessened a bit, as certain shades are almost indescernable at 1x (which is, I assume, the level they're meant to be viewed at). The contrast could be upped a bit, too.
The shading on the dressed male torso could be changed a bit, I think, to give the impresseion of form beneath the fabric. The arms should probably be in a more restful position, too. Say, hanging at the side instead of held somewhat outwards.

Finally, something I've mentioned in other rpg sprite topics, which is the perspective. Right now, it appears as thought we're looking at the characters head on, instead of from slightly overhead. I made an example earlier, which I'll post again here.

The one on the right (which appears to look down) is actually looking 'ahead', assuming we're above it. Dunno, I can't explain so well, but hopefully it's straight forward enough.

Anyway, these are looking very nice, as I said, and with a bit of polish, would make for a very pretty game. Good luck on this, keep at it, and all that. Hope some of what I've said proves useful.