AuthorTopic: [WIP] Scientist  (Read 2413 times)

Offline typeoh

• View Profile

[WIP] Scientist

on: January 26, 2007, 08:25:13 pm
Ok, it seems that as soon as I started posting on these forums, I found myself at a loss for pixelarting time... *sigh*

So anways, heres what I just started:

Still working on the arms

It's your classic mad scientist, combined with that really messed up kid who always burned ants with a magnifying glass.
Once the arms are completed, I'm going to work on the weapons, the main one being his handy magnifying glass
I'm also thinking that the game might feature all the sprites at 200%, just for the effect.

Please comment on how it's coming so far, and could somebody please help me out on the shoes?

Edit: Newest one:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:18:06 pm by typeoh »

yosh64

Re: [WIP] Scientist

Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 03:46:36 am
hey

I see no expression on this guy... the only way I think someone would know that he is some sort of mad scientist kid would be after you told them. I think he should wear a lab coat. I think you should give him a wacky and over exaggerated mouth/teeth and hair style, and maybe some other things. Hmm, he doesn't have any ears? and the feet don't look in perspective.

I think you could make the highlights brighter, and give more contrast.

I might try an edit for you.

more edits

I'm not very happy with my edit, but I tried to give some more expression/character, reduced colors, and better defined the shading. Hmm, I think the colors could also be tweaked some more.

Anyhows, I think it could be done better than what I have shown :\, but hopefully they are of some help.

edit
I also like the idea of rendering the sprites at 200% :).

AND another edit, fixed glasses

I was bored, so I decided to try and make an animation for this guy. Note that this is the first time I have ever really done any pixel animation. I have pixeled 3 frames, although the animation is 4 frames long. Hmm, I might do some in between frames later :).

cyas
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 12:37:28 pm by yosh64 »

Offline typeoh

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Scientist

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 03:25:50 pm
Ok, thanks for the tips
I pretty much completely reworked him, and I'm feeling a lot better about it now

I think i'm going to work on some other things before I start animating

Edit: Changed the background of the image to make it easier to see him
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 03:43:56 pm by typeoh »