AuthorTopic: WIP Wanderer Pixel  (Read 8266 times)

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Re: WIP Wanderer Pixel

Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 07:57:03 am
the wings look lovely, this is shaping up really nicely.

Minor anatomy issue though, both the arms and legs are too short, at the moment its really throwing the picture off.

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 04:17:07 pm
He also looks pot-bellied, for a few reasons; his hips bulge outwards right before the belt, the shading on the chest darkens as it nears the belt, and the folds in the shirt come in from the sides, rather than the shoulders.

I don't think there should be any sort of definition line between his pecs either, that's a little weird, unless he's in a wet t-shirt competiton or something. If he's supposed to be buff, I would just make a flat plane of a lighter color across the pecs, to show that they're there under the cloth and it's catching the light.

The two folds in the cloak (on the arms) look more like bits of cloth that've been slashed half off, they should probably be a lot more rounded, especially if the cloth is thick. The shadow from the hood on the face is really weird, you seem to have pillowshaded the dark area.  ???

The arms are definitely a bit too short, and I'm guessing a bit too thin, but that depends on what you're going for. The area where the gloves meets the sleeves looks like the glove has an elastic band on the end, cinching it tightly around the arm.

I hope some of this helps, keep at it!

Offline CrumbBread

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 04:26:30 pm
Lol, I suggest that you keep him pot-bellied. It makes him a little less typical (because a "Shady Man In Cloak" is very typical, but a "Pot-bellied Shady Man In Cloak" is a different story).

Offline InvaderLupus

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 05:55:09 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, Pawige and Meta|Fox. I can't believe I didn't notice how short his arms were.

The two folds in the cloak (on the arms) look more like bits of cloth that've been slashed half off, they should probably be a lot more rounded, especially if the cloth is thick. The shadow from the hood on the face is really weird, you seem to have pillowshaded the dark area.  ???

Those actually aren't folds, but rather different layers:

unless you're talking about the part that sticks out from the hood, in which case those are supposed to be shoulder armor.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 05:56:42 pm by InvaderLupus »

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 06:29:49 pm
I think I'm talking about the shoulder armor, the really pointy bits that line up vertically with the sides of his chest. I'd let the cloth hang down a bit more loosely from it, and make the two sides look a bit more symmetrical, it doesn't really look like something that's under the cloth, at the moment.

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 09:11:44 pm
It looks awesome with the addition of the wings. Really awesome wing lineart you've got going. :)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 09:40:30 pm
pawige, i dont think there IS anything under the cloth  ??? its just a stiff corner like on a bedsheet or cloth bag

this is looking nicer, though i second what pawige said about the pec; he has no sturnum atm :P

reminds me of Medieve in a way once he is reincarnated The Prophet; only yours isnt actually turning into a bird

only 2 suggestions:
try adding more detailed shading to the shirt
also your wings seem to be missing scapulars and there need to be several more rows of coverts, and ideally a more clear definition between the primaries and secondaries
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 01:48:17 am
hmm maybe antialise the the cape(the black line)? ::)

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 08:03:14 pm
If i had wings, i would definitely not wear a cape, since it would either:

a. have to drape over my wings, rustling my pretty feathers and getting in the way of the movement
b. make me have to rip holes in my pretty cape, and go through the painstaking and long process of shoving each wing through the holes each time i put it on. Unless the cape was a special model adapted to winged wearers, with cuts for wings opened all the way to the bottom, or something.

Anyway, if you want to keep both the wings and cape, you should change the cape, specially the part that's over his back, to convey the feeling of being on top of the wings or having two things going through it, by adding correctly placed folds reflecting this.