AuthorTopic: Isometric character  (Read 6932 times)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Isometric character

Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 04:38:17 am
Alchemist:

Thief:

Base:

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 07:10:16 am
That second animation is very weird, I don't know no ANYONE that does that when they're idle...Looks like she's getting ready to take a dump honestly :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:57:34 am by Draco9898 »

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 10:54:10 am
i must admit i do like the boob bounce :) but before you go anyfurther with this i think you need to listen more to what people are saying about the figure.
namely its perspective is a little off and that its face doesn't look right. you've done the body very well but the face just looks wrong. Draco9898s edit really covers all that, so you should probably look at that more.

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 11:04:46 am
For an idle animation,
1. either have her standing there and the wind blowing over freathures like hair/clothes,
2. standard tactics rpg/FF tactics/makai kingdom style 'pacing in place'
3. moving only a few frames back and forth in some minor way, I.e: a mage holding a cane and shifting his weight from left foot to right foot looking antsy, or a theif shifting its arms up and down a tiny bit holding a knive straight out in a figurative pose.

example:
Some Phantom brave chick-

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 11:13:09 am by Draco9898 »

Offline Overkill

• View Profile
    • i make video games

Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 10:48:43 pm
Hmm, one thing that hasn't been mentioned, is how you've colored your sprites. I think they're in need of a little variety as far as the hues and saturation go.

vs.

Then again, there are other issues too, such as the way you light your clothing for the witch doesn't match the way you shade the character's template's arms and face. The hair also doesn't quite adhere to the light source, and, as a result, the arms, face and hair stand out from the rest of the picture in a not-so-good way.

I tried fixing the lighting, but failed. Oh well. Take my advice for what (little) it's worth.