AuthorTopic: The Minotaur, anatomical crits needed!  (Read 9807 times)

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Re: The Minotaur, anatomical crits needed!

Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 04:45:01 pm
That looks quite good.  However, there are a few things that don't quite work for me, mostly due to the dithering.
-The head is really blended into the shoulder area; I can't tell where the snout ends and the torso begins, even when zoomed.
-The X's on his front leg look quite strange; try other dither patterns instead, as per Helm's suggestion.
-Maybe you aren't done with it yet, but his right (our left) bicep, shoulder, and pectoral areas look very flat and a bit strange musculature-wise.
-The forehead is also a bit flat, but not nearly as bad as the abovementioned parts.
-Tiny nitpick, but what's that random block of four light pixels in the top-left corner?
-It's probably a bit too late to change this, but somewhere in the flurry of edits the pose changed from a very dynamic one to a more brooding, forboding one.  The current pose fits the color scheme, but the original pose was a bit more interesting.

Good luck with the contest!
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 05:03:38 pm
i miss the dynamic pose as well robalan  :-\ but according to the edits it was anatomically incorrect.
the flatness of the forehead and bicep/arm area is because that part is incomplete.
hmm, i changed the dithering from an X pattern to a <> pattern, of course maybe it has a similar affect ???
the 4 pixels over there will be erased soon ...

ill work on the torso/snout blendage aswell.
thanks for the comments  :)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 05:05:54 pm
to get the dynamic pose to work, all you have to do is twist the upper arm counterclockwise (instead of the lower arm clockwise).
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline terminal_arcade

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 09:18:02 pm
I'm a tad confused. You're allowed two colours, plus a background colour?

That dithering looks like it took ages. Good job on it. I agree that the X's weren't working, but the new one looks just fine to me.

Does his left arm (our right) look a little dark?

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 10:46:27 pm
the background color was different so that while i was working on it i could discern between the outline of the mino and where the background is. i will upload the final 2 color version shortly.