AuthorTopic: Practicing Many Things for a Game [WIPs]  (Read 6401 times)

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Re: Practicing Many Things for a Game [WIPs]

Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 08:49:45 pm
you're welcome ^ ^ looking alot better  :) I'm more prone to adding a central line of pixels to avoid mirror symmetry and something i find goofie about only a double pixel gap between the eyes :P
and just another thought, a great way to make your sprite "pop" off the environment tiles would be with a shadow:

see how it greatly reinforces the dimension too  ;) its just pure black at 50% transparency. you might have also noticed I used a darker tone (pure black in this case) to reinforce certain parts of the outline.

also the new elbows look odd and don't read very well, unless you raise the shoulders.

Offline Ambivorous

• If you can't do; inspire.
    • ambivorous
    • ambivorous
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/47949.htm
    • ambivorous
    • View Profile

Re: Practicing Many Things for a Game [WIPs]

Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 10:31:58 pm
Yeah, three pixels between the eyes seems like the perfect amount, and often I feel like drawing a line down the middle and I can't because I have no centre pixel! Guess I could always just stick to the hex that never has characters facing the screen. I'll add shadows once I am actually good at the sprites first.

Rounded the hair, split the eyes apart and changed the elbows, so now they are elbowpads.

Quick update on a rough rook:

This is more what he is supposed to look like!
* may contain misinformation