AuthorTopic: Test for isometric game graphics  (Read 2987 times)

Offline MadHippie

• peace in mind, peace in life
    • View Profile

Test for isometric game graphics

on: September 15, 2006, 03:10:31 pm
Well, im planning to do some isometric game , multiplayer. Im not a pro at pixelart, so i kinda sketched a "soldier". So im asking for some C+C  :P Thanx !

EDIT: forgot to put the image =)

Sorry for any english problems, im brazilian and im not an english expert hehe =) have Fun !

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Test for isometric game graphics

Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 03:14:42 pm
Er-hem?

Sprite edits should be mentioned and references posted.
Is this an ogre tactics or a FFTA sprite you used as a base?

people these days  :(

Offline MadHippie

• peace in mind, peace in life
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 04:23:51 pm
i used tactics ogre OutLine only... i didnt knew i was suposed to say that in the post, and i didnt want to cause the intention of (hey i did it, and i didnt got a base from any game".

You just didnt need to say "people this days" like a bad reference to me. That wasnt my intention, im new to the forum, should have a little bit more tolerance eh ?

And hey, if you dont want to help, dont interrupt ok ? I Would apreciate coments and tips, but not offences.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 04:34:51 pm by MadHippie »
Sorry for any english problems, im brazilian and im not an english expert hehe =) have Fun !

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 06:40:00 pm
We don't encourage any sort of ripping here. Post your references along with your art always, and original material only. No 'outline' borrowing, no nothing. We've had a lot of similar stuff to deal with later, which explains the 'people these days' comment to a degree. Don't take it personally, please read the rules of the forum and read a few threads before you decide if this place is for you.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 07:23:52 pm
Let's strike a deal, that I think will help you greatly, and allows me to get a little nicer. You make a new piece, totally original, same size (that size is great to start out with) and I provide you with an in-dept critic of it. Deal?

Not to say you need to leave this piece alone, cause I think it's pretty well done and attests of pretty decent lighting skills. Give him some different original outifits perhaps?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 10:46:02 pm
Quote from: Me in a completely unrelated thread
one of the mods should post these more specific bits in the forum rules sticky i think, even though its not often read, just so that you can point to something when people dont follow them.  those of us who have been here more than a few days, we all know them by now, but if someone is new, we cant just assume that they know what we consider common (and its been demonstrated that more than a few people obviously havent heard most of our unwritten guidelines)

i messed up my tabs, and had ment to post that here
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.