AuthorTopic: Shmup Shots  (Read 12238 times)

Offline vellan

• View Profile

Re: Shmup Shots

Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 01:10:11 pm
i find it hilarious that this entire thread was an argument over a rip-off -- meanwhile the author created both.

pure comedy gold.

Offline Hishnak

• View Profile
    • Aphotic Pixel

Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 01:15:31 pm
That’s crazy...I knew I had seen those graphics before. So you’re the actual author while the other dude is the poser? Dang, sorry for any confusion I caused...

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 01:35:29 pm
Heh, glad that all got cleared up.  And noting the date of latest update on those sites, I suspect that it was these rocks that you posted on the old blue pixelation a couple years ago.  Anyway, good to see you back, and I look forward to seeing some updates.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 04:26:00 pm
That’s crazy...I knew I had seen those graphics before. So you’re the actual author while the other dude is the poser? Dang, sorry for any confusion I caused...

That's very ironic.

Congratulations Eye, I always dreamed of making beautiful pixel art like this, but haven't achieved such an effect yet. My hat is off to you. The backrounds are insanely nice.

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 11:45:25 am
aw that is pretty funny....

with the art:
they're very well done.  contrast is a slight issue with the character though...the character and enemies are the main focus of the game and honestly i'm more attracted to the scenery more than anything.  anyway, great work.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 09:21:08 pm
Holy crap...I think I deleted the latest project file of the game! All I have is the binary. I'm going to have to take screenshots of it and rip my own graphics out of it before I can edit them...this just gets more and more ironic!

Offline Zee

• I wish I could have an avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 09:29:03 pm
Wow, I've got backups of backups of backups here, just scads of picture literally cluttering up my hard drive and gfx folders so I DON'T have that problem.

I mean, haven't you ever had this happen before in any of your other games? Or were you just atypically lucky?

Offline selur

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 09:59:30 pm
well shit happens..  >:(  over two years ago I was drawing graphics for a game. Because I'm not skilled, drawing takes me a lot of time (months and months ...) I was making backups on other hdd (which was connected to the same computer). And one day... it happend.
My PC get burn ... I've lost everything including my computer  :'(

... but now I making backups of buckups like Zee  :P

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 10:01:35 pm
I backup everything on a nice little 1 gig USB drive. Oh yeah, losing work sucks, even if you think you've made trash.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 11:20:00 pm
I thought I had backed it up. On 2 different machines, and a DVD. But I played tricks upon myself, it seems  :-\. It wasn't too much of a hassle to get it all back though. I've been fiddling with the contrast of some of the sprites, do you reckon I'm on the right track?

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 12:06:50 am by EyeCraft »