AuthorTopic: [WIP][CC] Chibi Commission  (Read 16612 times)

Offline Capta1n_Henry

• View Profile

Re: [WIP][CC] Chibi Commission

Reply #30 on: June 11, 2016, 12:22:48 pm
Image is up. XP

Offline SmashAdams

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: June 11, 2016, 04:38:33 pm
there wasn't enough room left for the top of the head so I increased the pixel height of the picture.

Offline Capta1n_Henry

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: June 11, 2016, 09:02:36 pm
I had to take a lot from your edit because I've never done hair before. I tried making the the point in the middle bigger but it somehow feels off to me.

Offline Capta1n_Henry

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: June 11, 2016, 11:23:20 pm
Working on the mouth now. Had to move the right eye (our right) a pixel to the left because it looked weird.

Offline drain.

• I wear glasses, play guitar and pixel.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/64236.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 01:07:43 am
Working on the mouth now. Had to move the right eye (our right) a pixel to the left because it looked weird.

You should add more distinction to your colours. As right now, the hair reads to me as one single color, and the outline of the mouth is not visible, more contrast would easily remedy this. The form of the character seems to be okay now, colors seem to be your current issue. You could the same colours for the eyes and the belly-shirt, as they are both green.

edit: also, I don't know if anyone has addressed this, but were you paid for this? A commission is something you were paid to do.

Offline Capta1n_Henry

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 01:54:41 am
No, I'm doing this for free. I don't deserve to get paid for the garbage I produce right now. I took this commission because I'm bored and nothing else.

Offline Capta1n_Henry

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 02:05:14 am
I tried my best to fixed the problems you mentioned. Those lips bother me though.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 02:47:42 am
that's a request then, commissions explicitly imply a transaction. Looking good though, keep at it
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Capta1n_Henry

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: June 12, 2016, 03:26:40 am
Added the two white belts and eyebrows.

Offline ShowMeYourMoe

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 02:02:44 am
Really glad to see you keeping at this. I don't know if what I'm about to say has been said, but I Think you should give the hair an outline, especially because the rest of the body has one. And also, the mouht's a bit weird for several reasons, and there are different ways to approach this.

The problems with the mouth ( that I see at least) are that it blends to much with l the skin, and has WAY too many colors. The teeth don't need any shading at all, yet there are three shades, which aren't even that visible. You also outlined it, which you could definitely do without. It might be best to try not to include things like teeth or lips, as they're details that are to realistic, and that kinda takes away from the chibi style. I'm no expert on this, and I only have a bit of knowledge on the subject, but basically, there's a line between cute and realistic that can be seen as creepy. This isn't to close to that, but it's better to stay closer to cute and simple by removing the teeth and lips.

also the grey outline thing around the yellow line on the boots isn't necessary, I'll put my edit below. I didn't cover everything i edited, nor did i edit in everything I covered. Sorry.

Ah, also,  If you're gonna outline, do it all black, and don't outline too frequently. I'm sure someone out there made colored outlines work, but I suggest you stick to normal black outlines.