AuthorTopic: The lonely island  (Read 3522 times)

Offline Cazador

• Valhalla, i am coming
    • View Profile

The lonely island

on: October 20, 2006, 06:57:44 pm
Hi, me again, guess i have pixel fever. This site is the best! Here's a picture i made today, i woke up wanting to be a castaway though.

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: The lonely island

Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 07:24:11 pm

This was beautiful so I made some tiny edits. You still kindof left out some light areas.. usually coconut trees have coconuts so I added some :lol:
Also I messed around with the water which I think i screwed up. Other then that I love it!! :y:

Offline Cazador

• Valhalla, i am coming
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 08:47:28 pm
Thanks again for your time Victor, nice touch with the coconuts, i forgot those  :lol: but i think that the tree has too much light in your edit, and i was trying to do an evening scene... anyway looks fine.

See ya

Offline D39

• Dan3099
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 08:56:08 pm
That looks great Caz, it has a very calming feeling to it.

The only suggestion I can make is that unless it was left contrasty for stylistic reasons, you might want to AA between the different tones in the sky a bit to smooth out the transitions.

Offline Cazador

• Valhalla, i am coming
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 09:35:57 pm
D39, i can say that the high contrast in the sky is a decision that i think looks good, but anyway i tried the antialiasing thing but didn't result so good... i guess i need some help...

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 09:46:37 pm
You can't really aa a horizontal line; it has no aliasing to anti :huh:  What you could do is use more dithering patterns than simple checkerboard, thus resulting in seemingly more colors and a smoother transition.  That or you could just add a bunch more colors, but it's your call.

Also, you may want to consider cleaning up your art a bit.  I know the focus is supposed to be the tree, but when my eyes drift into the sky, they get stuck on the moon and I start wondering why there's a strange, rough, irregular halo around it.  If it's supposed to be a halo around the moon, make it circular at least.  If it's not supposed to be a halo, then...remove it?

Another thing: if it's supposed to be evening, then the sky should probably be a bit darker.  The night sky is pretty black where I'm from.  If it's supposed to be nearer sunset than dusk, then the sky should be considerably more colorful; sunsets are rather vibrant.

Good luck with the piece; you've started quite nicely.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 10:01:39 pm
lol..this is prob the best ive seen form you..you could go somewhere with this style.