AuthorTopic: sword slash + explosion  (Read 15606 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: sword slash + explosion

Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 03:23:35 am
Latest edit is quite better in terms of lightsources and colors. It still could stand to be refine much more, shapes and detail and contrast and such.

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 11:21:31 am
here is his finished animation

I think its way too fast. Heres a quick edit.

Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline piotrek255

• take it easy -_-
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 12:35:13 pm
yeah, it looks way better now, but this animation is just for refference. i will post a thread on general forums concerning animation, becouse i'm fairly new to animating by hand.

right now i make a character, and after i make it, i completely remap him for every frame.... i think there are some rules, and hints on animating by hand to save a lot of time and make the animation look clean.
my way of the pixel? -> minimum effort, maximum quality 0_0

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 08:09:52 pm
whoooaaa what happened?  your silhouette looked great...and then you made him like a freaky skinny slidey-feet guy who waves his arms around??  Study that silhouette some more!

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 08:23:24 pm
whoooaaa what happened?  your silhouette looked great...and then you made him like a freaky skinny slidey-feet guy who waves his arms around??  Study that silhouette some more!
I think he should study real people swinging swords. Lord of the Rings has some of that.

Offline piotrek255

• take it easy -_-
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 10:21:45 pm
ok, so here's pretty much, the "nearly" final version of my knight.

and here's his first animation attempt

For now, I dont want to follow my shiluette... why?

I spent hours watching pixelart from games like castlevania, and this is the conclusion i came up with. Following my though about animating pixelart equals massive redrawing :( and i see from other people's work that you can make animations with nearly no effort at all, by knowing which parts to move, think ahead about the structure of animation and what small areas to redraw. Those animations look really great. but i guess you just have to get to that level of making compicated things, simple...
my way of the pixel? -> minimum effort, maximum quality 0_0

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 12:16:12 am
Swords tend to be lifted and then thrown down, kind of like your first animation, what I would suggest doing is making it more like your first animation but either make his other arm holding something of sorts(A shield, even another sword) or having both hands lift the sword, of couse this would probably imply that the sword is heavier than it would be if it were just swung with on arm., so you'd probably want to increase the size of the sword. If you want him to still do some sort of horizontal slash, I would suggest doing something like Alucard's sword slash(http://www.gsarchives.net/psx/castlevania_symphony_of_the_night/sprites/animated/alusword.gif).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 11:07:26 am by bengoshia »

Offline am_pm

• Lurker supreme
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 01:34:21 am
Honestly bengoshia, for the longest time I have not seen any constructive posts by you. You usually just ridicule and berate the persons hard work. He's learning man, let him learn.

@Piotrek: The animation is snappy and does not flow well. Think of weight and volume. A swordsman flows with his weapon as if it is an extension of his own arm. Also, his face looks a little off. Try moving the whole face up a little.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 01:37:40 am
yes, bengoshia, please avoid one-liners, try for constructive, in-depth critique. Please keep this on topic from now on however.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: July 07, 2007, 10:53:55 am
Eh yeah, it does sound harsh, I'll try to be more constructive from now on, fixed so I don't look like an arse.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 11:06:48 am by bengoshia »