AuthorTopic: Alien  (Read 15233 times)

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Re: Alien

Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 04:10:37 pm

OK this new guy needs some help, I'm not finished yet (only just done the torso). I want to know from some experienced animators how his amount of dithering and contrast between dithering might impact on the animation.

As far as the contrast increase to the other characters, I'm actually thinking of going the other way with Horus and making his colouring more similar to the others I'm not actually liking the cleanness his look gives.
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 04:14:22 pm
These are really nice, i think. I love the selection of different character types you've made so far.

With the amount of detail you're giving them, i'd imagine it's going to be rock solid to animate. Good luck though!

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 06:04:09 pm
The Giant Purple Jellybean Monster WIP is coming along:

The biggest character, not quite as big as I was originally going to go but close. Legs aren't done but please critique away. Should I clean up that dithering around the chest I'm not sure if it looks okay, It was intended as alien physiology. Also I am fairly sure there are some perspective and anatomy issues, please point them out if this is so.
fixed some anatomy issues  :o just saw them:

Finished him just about

and final edit for tonight/this morning
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 10:36:01 pm by zeid »

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 10:39:48 pm
wow thats awseome ;D btw what program do you use?

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 11:00:56 pm
microsoft paint. I should probably upgrade to something else sometime but I find it sufficient :D.

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 11:03:25 pm
oh dear i feel sorry for you trying to make that fake smile.
the only thing i find good about paint is that you can store colors you made in the boxes. :y:

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 11:29:54 pm
I like paint :'(... but back on topic.
Brought in the shoulder and brought up the thighs a little more. I'm getting far to desensitized to my work, So hopefully someone can help with anatomy while i take a break.

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 11:33:00 pm

im just putting this one here from the last so people can compare easier from the differences. I say he is awesome  :D

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 03:56:04 am
I think my favorite so far is either the first one you did or the second one. First one seems to have the most dynamic and thought out lighting and the second one has the nicest colors.

What I think the pieces are lacking is lighting. Could just be me but it seems they are getting equal light on all parts of their bodies. It just isn't reading well.

I made a quick edit to give you an idea of how you could maybe add a bit more interest to them with some simple lighting.

Also the anatomy on the big guy seems a bit flaky.  ??? Seems a bit stubby and thick. Not sure maybe someone can do a more in depth anatomy critique.

Looking good so far :)

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: May 19, 2007, 03:12:24 pm
oh i just noticed his elf feet, i dont really like that part but when he's in a horror game and you get really scared after playing it at midnight you can laugh at his elf feet to make everything feel normal so you can sleep ;)