AuthorTopic: Cool-colored Health Bar  (Read 3456 times)

Offline FRAWG

• Ribbit Ribbit
    • View Profile

Cool-colored Health Bar

on: August 28, 2010, 02:25:38 am
Well, i am working on more pixel art..... Just trying to learn a little bit more.

I don't really know what i could improve one here, i just made it as a little practice.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 02:28:11 am by FRAWG »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Cool-colored Health Bar

Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 02:57:54 am
I see 4 distinct variable measuring elements in the design - the orb, then 3 horiz bars.

Though, I suspect you mean there to only be one bar, in which case the two blue/green bars should be revised to look more like structure holding the longer middle purple bar.

Or did you mean for us to crit the pixel tech?

Also, I always object to isolating part of a whole when evaluating it's effectiveness? Is this an effective HUD graphic? I don't know. Show me it at home in it's associated mockup. Then I'll tell you.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:03:20 pm by Mathias »

Offline FRAWG

• Ribbit Ribbit
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 11:24:48 am
Yea, in a sense i just want the orb and the purple to be measured. I was worried that it may be misconceived.

I have yet t o make a mock of the actual game, but i am going to do so now.
Once i do, this may become easier to critique.

Here's an early mockup of the game. The wand is a cursor and when you click, the spark appears (it's meant to attack)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 02:35:13 pm by FRAWG »

Offline Wootai

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 04:54:51 am
I saw this image and am working on a project that needs a 4 part measuring meter for an RPG, and really like your layout. I hope you don't mind, i'm not stealing it, i just like the idea you have with the orb and the bars coming off from it. In the edit from the mockup it looks like you extended that middle bar which helps make it more prominent. perhaps seeing it full, half full, and empty will help, with critiques, I'm assuming that it wont always stay full.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 06:24:11 am
That's an odd res for a game, frawg. You sure about that? Gotta get that right so you can properly plan everything spatially.