AuthorTopic: tips needed on sunsets,WIP added -(another WIP too)  (Read 2257 times)

Offline skoby

• View Profile

tips needed on sunsets,WIP added -(another WIP too)

on: April 08, 2007, 11:35:58 am
Basically Im making a signiture for a friend of mine, and she wants a sunset in the background, but skies have always been my weakspot, I was just wondering if anyone who is good at this sorta thing could give me some pointers? all my sunsets have ended up looking a mess, or like an explosion.  My real problem is getting the colours to merge and getting it to look at least semi realistic.

[edit] Ive made an attempt, not too sure on it tho.  not too keen on my dithering, but I havent really used it much before. Also Im not sure how to work clouds into it so think might do them as a different layer

on another topic (i didnt want to make 2 topics :p) a WIP for another friend

Im not too happy with the face... I had to change her hair from blonde to brunette which seems to make her face look different now.  Also all the shading isnt final, im going to clean up some of the shading on the wings especially.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 12:15:38 pm by skoby »

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: tips needed on sunsets,WIP added -(another WIP too)

Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 01:15:00 pm
I love the wings on the girl. The problem with the face, to me, is the eyes, they are too small, it is OK to have hair covering an eye, which would happen if you made them the right size, The whip is odd, unless this is a runescape signeture o.0..either way the reddish color should be  less saturated, but more red, and less pink.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline skoby

• View Profile

Re: tips needed on sunsets,WIP added -(another WIP too)

Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 05:48:47 pm
thanks for that, I will work on her face more later, never liked doing female faces, never get them quite right

got an update on the sunset, really not sure on the clouds tho, tried studying photos for them but just cant get it right :(