AuthorTopic: Witch Character  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Lavapatrol

• View Profile

Witch Character

on: February 27, 2016, 04:17:50 am
I'm fairly new to pixel art, and I am really happy with how this character turned out, and I want to maybe get some tips before I start animating (and maybe some animating tips too  :y: ). I spethent about an hour on this, which is probably the longest I've spent on a piece.

(also if someone can tell me how to embed images into this post, please do. I'm very dumb.   :crazy: )

use [img] bbcode on the image url - atnas
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:52:41 am by Atnas »

Offline sonicspin

• no
    • View Profile

Re: Witch Character

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 06:00:31 am
i like witches!
t post an img, you right click it on imgur, and click copy image url
then you put that inside the IMG tags
first off, cute character, however, there's things that must be fixed, first, the skin shade is practically invisble!
and talking about colors, these are some veeery saturated colors, not nicee for the eye
and talking about the eye, that's some banding dandy happening there!
see that purple person on the banner? that's a thread! it has a buncha nice knowledge i think you can use
so enough talk, an edit!

what i did:
changed the colors to implement hue shifting, which is slightly changing the hue of a shade, in comparison of it's base color, i also reduced saturation quite a bit, as the original colors were quite searing
the head said front, but the hat and the body said right, so made the witch face right
and in the realm of proportions, made the hat fit, the head was too wide so i shortened it
also, if you find the img too small, just click it! the forum has built-in zooming

Offline Lavapatrol

• View Profile

Re: Witch Character

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 02:52:07 pm
Yeah. I see what you mean. I was pretty happy with it because it was my first pixel art that looked okay.