AuthorTopic: Online MMORPG - Big task, small steps  (Read 2277 times)

Offline navybofus

• View Profile

Online MMORPG - Big task, small steps

on: September 26, 2014, 04:41:45 pm
Intro

Hello, I'm working on a website that is a browser-based MMORPG. It's not at the level of HTML5's dynamic gaming, but it still requires static images to make the site look a bit better than the stock photos I'm currently using.

The job is unpaid, but it is also not very demanding. Plus, if the site begins to generate revenue the artist will receive compensation. Basically, this project is an investment on mine and your part.

What I Need

1. Specifications. I'm looking for "battlers" as they are sometimes called in the gaming communities. These are higher resolution images of characters in a fighting stance of some sort. I would leave almost everything up to the artist except all player characters must be human and each class will require four different time periods in each set. For example, a warrior in age 1 would look like a barbarian, age 2 like a midevil soldier, age 3 modern soldier, age 4 futuristic soldier. Once I find a serious collaborator we can talk about the other classes.

2. Everything will need to be completely custom so I can post the images on my website without any copyright infringement.

3. The style of these images is basically what I talked about in bullet one, but I wanted to mention that the images will need to be around 500 h x 250 w to fit into the canvas that I've allowed in the sites viewport.

4. Some of the images will require skin tone changes as I would like to offer 5 ranges of color from black to tan to pale. Although, to get started I believe a mid-ranged skin tone will suffice. An update to the site can be made to add the other skin tones at a later date.

5. I would like to have face inlets for each character. However, these faces will only need skin tone changes because they will not be wearing any headgear. To summarize, they won't need to change through different ages. Trying to save you some work :)

6. I'd like to get more in-depth when I find someone that's serious about this endeavor. If you're interested please let me know.

7. To keep this project somewhat minimal to start, I'd take someone that will make a few images and then be available to create more if I start to get a decent amount of users to sign up for the game.

Outro

This is a large project and I'm just getting started. With that said, I'm extremely motivated. This is a personal project that I am using to hone my web design skills while attending college for my Computer Science degree. I hope to find someone who is just as serious about making their name as I am. Thank you for your time. Hope to hear from you soon.