AuthorTopic: Coldblooded, Sythe wielding, killer.  (Read 7205 times)

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Re: Coldblooded, Sythe wielding, killer.

Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 01:57:21 am

Thanks for the crit, Ben. I can't decide if the ribbons I put on the scythe are too much or not, but other than that I'm satisfied with it. Anything else before I call this finished?

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 04:15:03 am
the ribbon looks nice, but it's not a very logical place for a ribbon to be. iit doesn't make sense and it overpowers the scythe, I'm afraid. try making the pole of the scythe more intricate. for example: http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/07/w_lili_scythe.jpg

actually, even just a change in the shape of the pole would make it more interesting.

Offline Stranger

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 08:22:26 am
I think it looks finished now myself, but I think maybe the cloth would be better if it were wrapped around the staff part of the scythe tightly and had a stray part blowing at the end of it, and maybe make the blade a tad more crescent(not anything crazy like a near perfect circle, I hope you get what I mean), and possibly less.. pick axe looking, right now it gives me more of a cone-like thorn effect..

Though my critic is more on the stylistic level and maybe a bit cliche, I hope it at least gives you some outside perspective.

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 07:14:30 pm

I'm not sure if I like the new scythe all that much; it's a little bit too magical-mystical for what I'm trying to accomplish, but it looks much better than the old one.
I think I'm starting to feel a little bit of burnout on this piece, so before I wreck it, I'll say it's finished.

Thanks so much for all the critique! I look back on what I had before, and can't help but laugh. :lol: