AuthorTopic: [C+C]Human base  (Read 5815 times)

Offline George

• View Profile

[C+C]Human base

on: May 05, 2016, 07:13:58 am
Alright, I am here today because I'd like some pointers or tips on how to improve my naked base.

I think I am content with front and back view of the sprite however the side view is throwing me off as it doesn't look like the same (person?) I can't seem to solve this issue granted I started it at 12am and posting this at 3am it may be due to lack of sleep but I'd really appreciate some input.

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Re: [C+C]Human base

Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 07:30:33 am
In your side view, it looks like your character is slanting or leaning back. I'd suggest reworking that pose. I think his feet should be placed further back. Also, the side view has a slight angle to the eyebrows so it looks like he's a bit mad. In the front view, his eyebrows are neutral. Maybe that's why you think it doesn't look like the same person. The side view head also seems to be one pixel smaller than the other heads so that might be another thing to look at. I think adding a pixel or something for a nose on the front view (since you have one on the side view) might help in making the character look the same when facing any direction.

Offline George

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:19:24 am

Alright i redid the side view, Didn't notice the size of the head difference the slant I guess came from me trying to fit both legs into the view with one a little bit shadowed? if that makes sense. does this look any better?

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:32:25 am
His feet still face towards the camera when he looks away from it thanks to the shading.
Also, his leg positioning makes it look like he's kinda got super wide hips.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline George

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 08:47:44 am
Okay, Last one until I wake up in the morning/afternoon

How's this?

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 09:12:10 am
no no, sideview was fine I meant on the front and back sprites
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 10:44:44 am
The picture of the new side view with the two other views looks much better. That looks much more clear and readable compared to your first one. I think the shape of the skull on the side view looks weird though. It appears closer to the other views but looks a bit squished from left to right, that's just my opinion though. Good update!

Offline George

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 06:14:56 pm

well here is how everything will look ingame, not to sure that I know what you're talking about when it comes to the hips, could you explain a little bit to more? The feet on the north view have been changed (didn't do so in the preview but it's done haha)

I am still a little disappointed in my side view, it looks OK but I think it could be a lot better I feel it's a little flat.

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 05:14:04 am
Hey! I like the side view where you see both your legs and feet. That's just my opinion though.

I think in regards to your side view, you should draw and give an impression of a jawline maybe. It looks like you can see it in the front view. And what MysteryMeat is saying about the hips is that your character looks like he's got a big butt and stands with his feet far apart. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Is George some sort of cave man, prehistoric man character?

Offline George

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 09:17:55 pm
Hey! I like the side view where you see both your legs and feet. That's just my opinion though.

-snip-. Is George some sort of cave man, prehistoric man character?
Haha Nope. "George" is me I was just testing the name tag placement, the base is going to be for a MMORPG type game. I am currently working on the animation but it really bugging me I am trying to limit myself to stay at 4 frames but the walk just seems really unnatural and still could anyone please help me out ?