AuthorTopic: [WIP] Spooky mansion  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Villem

• View Profile

[WIP] Spooky mansion

on: February 26, 2011, 07:29:09 pm
For pixel-art practice I tried drawing: spooky mansion like you'd expect from some story by H P Lovecraft. Comments?

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Spooky mansion

Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 08:08:23 pm
The lighting is pretty inconsistent. It shines on the very left walls of the mansion but also on the top right of the arch and roof.

Offline Villem

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:21:02 pm
The lighting is pretty inconsistent. It shines on the very left walls of the mansion but also on the top right of the arch and roof.

Right; resolved it somewhat.

There are meant to be 2 light sources; normal sunlight from slightly left camera, and light from the magic pink stars straight top down.

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 10:50:01 pm
The spriting overall's pretty good. Have you been doing this for a while? I don't see much wrong with the lighting considering that there's more than one light source.

And maybe it's just me, but the sky does look somewhat distracting, however, so perhaps you could darken that a shade or change the hue? I don't know. Maybe it'll look better when it's cleaned up.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:52:17 pm by pistachio »

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 11:30:25 pm
Looks good. The pixeling looks a bit unfinished ( no AA or dithering to make the transitions between colors easier ). The steeple / tower part looks to be at a different angle then the rest of the building which I guess it's attached to? In addition it's also leaning to the right, while everything else is straight up and down.