AuthorTopic: Mi first creations - PLEASE COMMENT -  (Read 2856 times)

Offline raspberrymethadone

• View Profile

Mi first creations - PLEASE COMMENT -

on: October 18, 2006, 04:54:55 pm

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: Mi first creations - PLEASE COMMENT -

Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 05:49:22 pm
There nice, I like them. Your starting at a good point.

Offline Cazador

• Valhalla, i am coming
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 06:42:15 pm
 :lol: They're cute, good job!!  :y:

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 06:59:29 pm
VictorR, Cazador, please refrain from posting rather useless one-liners like this. Try to point out what you think is good about it, and critique is always encouraged of course.

It is a good start, I think that the Jamaican is the best out of the lot, followed by Edward. The clothes of the Jamaican might be a bit bland/flat compared to the rest, but it has clean and clearly pronounced facial features and a nice palette. And also the black lines do not stand out as much in this one and in Edward.
The black lines combined with the low contrast between the single shades gives most of them a very dirty look, especially Marylin and the wrestler. The bra of the playboy bunny is a gritted pixel-mess, and the skintones of the face, which are not consistent with the rest of the body, look burned due to the high saturation in the darker shades. This also applies for the beach girl and the pope. The overall flat bright yellow for the hair does not convey any sense of depth.
Che uses an awful lot of unnecessary colors, and it actually looks like the result of retouch-tool usage.

Keep it up, do dare to use more contrast here and there, and maybe use Edward or the rastaman as reference for cleaning up the other ones.

Offline raspberrymethadone

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 08:13:50 pm
Thanks a lot for your comments... i will try and use your recomendations and sugestions, you are the pro ones, and im happy to found this web.