AuthorTopic: A four armed man crosses paths with a curious wolf.  (Read 19452 times)

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Re: A four armed man crosses paths with a curious wolf.

Reply #30 on: June 09, 2006, 05:57:18 am
I don't really have anything to say in the way of critique, I just wanted to comment on the four armed man encountering the wolf. It was strange when I looked at it because rather than noticing the little details or the saturation factor that's sparked a bit of disagreement, I noticed this flow that really intrigued me.

I first noticed that the wolf's posture seemed to be a focal point for me and saw that it was because of those lines stemming from the man's face, and it just makes everything feel connected and more friendly and calming about the piece which is probably accentuated by the colors. Just felt the need to share. I really like it, although the arm outstretched directly upwards seems uncomfortable to look at.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #31 on: June 10, 2006, 12:48:36 am
Edit: What is that new guy supposed to be doing? Falling?
He's skating..

Nice spot, Blick. I always try to have a nice flow in my work to help move the eye around the piece.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #32 on: June 10, 2006, 04:44:46 am
Sweet, Inline. Thank you. I get sick of seeing skateboards.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 05:55:32 am

Offline leroy

• Go with the flow
    • View Profile

Reply #34 on: June 11, 2006, 07:53:16 am
i love it. maybe replace the almost black pixels with some lighter ones, since they stick out @ 1x.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: June 11, 2006, 11:25:06 am
new one rocks and doesnt have the same problem with values, though they could be pushed further this looks good without.  some issues with the legs but this may be stylistic?  i like the colors on the cement.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline dtek

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: June 14, 2006, 07:21:39 pm
Hey guys, I think its cool to experiment with saturation levels, it seems just another tool in the tool box, right? Also, I'd like to mention HDRI imaging, the theory behind the file type is actually quite interesting regarding the range of natural colors versus photos, paintings, etc. Here's a  link in case you're not familiar, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDRI , forget the technical stuff, unless you're into that, check out the photo examples,  I just think its something to think about, atleast, when rendering by hand or when doing pixel art....