AuthorTopic: R! P! G?  (Read 6930 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: R! P! G?

Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 11:41:10 pm
I'd tweak the angles of one or both of her feet... at the moment she appears to be slightly bow-legged - I assume this is intentional (as it's a stance commonly used in teenaged anime females,) but I think in this case it detracts from the character. She appears off balance, and the feet are too mirrored-like in nature. Simply adjusting "her" left foot to be pointing more away from her body would dramatically improve this piece. Other than that I really don't have much to add.

Perhaps you could rotate the closer sword so that the guard is running parallel to her arm.

actually, i thought she was pidgeon toed if anything, but the advice still holds and ill second it.

not sure about the swrod deal though, since swords are seldom held with the guard parallel to the arm, it makes for an odd arc, little power, difficult followthrough, and its easy to be disarmed in addition to exposing the knuckles.  that and if you grappled your arm could easily be bent backwards leaving you powerless to stop the opponent form grinding you into dust, and even if you managed to hold the grapple they could thrust their sword into your upper arm.  no, i think the sword should stay where it is in this case :P (at least in realtion to the arm)

still would love to see imperfect angles, but thats just me  ;)
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Re: R! P! G?

Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 12:06:46 am
Beautiful! The only thing that bugs me is that the daggers are at perfect angles. Looks too ... perfect.

@darionmccoy