AuthorTopic: WIP - Pose Practice.  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Extension

• View Profile

WIP - Pose Practice.

on: September 22, 2007, 10:10:03 pm
Most of the things I've pixelled before have had the generic pose. You know, standing straight, arms slacked at sides, feet facing same as knees.
I decided to practice doing something other than a generic pose. And practice on my shading as well, since it's ruddy.

No worries, the bright, strange colours aren't the final colours. And the anatomically-incorrect blobs are just there for placement.

You may help with whatever you would like, and it would be appreciated. Don't hesitate to be blunt about it.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: WIP - Pose Practice.

Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 10:35:21 pm
Get some reference(real-life photos or something, deviantart's a good place to look), try composing the body in simple shapes instead of color blobs(Head is a circle, neck is a triangle, etc.), don't worry about colors right now.

Offline Extension

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 05:01:09 am
Thank you very much for your comment.
     I tried what you said, to make shapes instead of coloured blobs, and I'm afraid to say it didn't make me do any better - In fact, it became a little bit difficult. I did find it a good technique when doing something larger, so I'm keeping it in mind.

I took your advice and went on Deviant Art. I wasn't able to find anything that matched the pose that I originally wanted to go for, nor the pose that I eventually decided to switch to, but I did pay attention to limbs and such.

I began working on the legs, and this is what I have so far:

I'm going to take a break on the legs for a little while, and work on the non-existant arms. Any suggestions?

Edit: I was fooling around, a bit peeved, and made the boy flip the screen off. But when I was finished, I ended up being fond of it.
     I'm still not very sure of what to do with his right [our left] arm, so I left it in his pocket for the time being.

The colours still aren't the final ones, I'm afraid. But I did begin to shade.

[#2] Edit: And thus I leave for the night with another edit.

There are still a lot of things I'm going to do with him before even thinking of picking the right colours, but I just thought I'd show my process.
     Now I know that I need to thicken the legs/thighs. I'm pretty happy about that because I didn't want him to become very skinny in the first place.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 07:19:00 am by Extension »

Offline Extension

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 02:22:19 pm
[#3] Edit: I thickened his legs, thighs a little bit.

I also began to work on his face. I want an angry expression, but I'm not very sure how I want it exactly. Either way, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

[#4] Edit: What I have currently -

I'm starting to pick colours, I may start to work on the foot.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 02:45:08 pm by Extension »

Offline Extension

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 03:10:39 am
[#5] Edit: Did the foot, made him wear socks.

Right now, it's all about the hair and colour selection, I think.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 04:55:17 am
Is he supposed to be flipping us off? His face is kind of flat, and I can't figure out where the light source is.

Offline Extension

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 10:55:29 am
Yes, he is.
     The light source was supposed to come from the center as opposed to the top left, but if someone can't recognize it, then I must've done wrong.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 11:33:15 am
Yes, he is.
Okay. The reason I asked is because his finger seems to be about a knuckle too short, and I wasn't sure if he might be just hanging onto his chin or something, which was my first guess. Also, his expression seems wrong for it.

The light source is hard to read mosly on his left (our right)  knee, and his hair, which is hard to spot the shape of, what with the flat bangs and big dark shady bit in the middle. His hair casts almost no shadow over his face. There probably also needs to be more shadow around his eyes and under his nose.