AuthorTopic: Looking for pixel artist for dungeon crawler [Unpaid]  (Read 2305 times)

Offline rbuxton

• View Profile

Looking for pixel artist for dungeon crawler [Unpaid]

on: September 06, 2015, 12:54:58 am
Hello!
 I am a programmer. I do not do art. I just want to start with that.
 For the past 2(?) weeks I have been working on a game using Java and LIBGDX, a library built on another library called LWJGL. I feel (or rather, hope) that it has potential.
 It is a dungeon crawler, where the player adventures in a randomly generated dungeon made of room after room. The goal in the game at this point is to survive as long as possible, but I may put in a actual goal which would be along the lines of "get the thing. Bring said thing back to win". As of right now, I am calling it Dungeoneer. I could maybe be persuaded to change the name, its named that in the code though, and it would always be known in the back of my mind as Dungeoneer.
 This game is targeted for desktop (Windows, Linux, maybe Mac) and Android. Here are some previews of the game, with my not artistic art:

Title screen. I personally am in love with the font.

First room. Lighting is dynamic though, and "bounces"! Player is looking forward.

First room, with the bad Android UI I made. Pad on left moves, button in middle interacts, right pad is attacks / skills (also hard to explain, might be getting changed. Its in the air.)

Textures for the player are actually 64 pixels by 64 pixels.

This would be a unpaid project unless we want to charge money for it. At this moment I do not feel I need to, I'm still in high school and am just trying to get my name out there. Your name too if you want to sign on. Additionally it should be noted that my work schedule isn't the most consistent, so if that bothers you I'm sorry.
 If you are interested, please contact me at rbuxton1@gmail.com with some examples of your work. If I like it (I probably will), Ill send you some of the games current artwork for you to redo.
 Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 01:02:42 am by rbuxton »

Offline rbuxton

• View Profile

Re: Looking for pixel artist for dungeon crawler [Unpaid]

Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 01:26:03 am
Thank you for any interest you may have had, but a artist has been found!