AuthorTopic: my first steps in pixel art  (Read 2401 times)

Offline darkevildemon

• View Profile

my first steps in pixel art

on: August 30, 2007, 12:52:16 pm
hi every body.

after months looking at your hot pixels I 've decided myself to put some samples of my previous and my next works.

I am a photoshop/illustrator/indesign infographist for 9 years but it is only since the beginning of this year that i really try to make some pixel art ... and this is not as easy as i thought but it brings great fun!

i've begun with 2 projects:
-first refine the gfx of an old cpc/c64 game called barbarian from palace software (i've made a mod for the remake of tdbsoft)
-Now i've just finished the gfx of another old cpc/spectrum game batman from ocean. Those gfx will be used in a remake very soon

My next work:
-create my first game from A to Z (with game maker i think).
It will be again a remake from an old cpc/c64 game called bruce lee

I know i've still a lot to learn in the work of pixels so don't hesitate to tell me what you think about my work.

P.S. ekskiuz mi inglisch ... i speak french natively

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 01:21:45 pm by darkevildemon »

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Re: my first steps in pixel art

Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 01:05:14 pm
Welcome to pixelation.
All of the stuff you've posted seems non-pixel-art to me, since you seem to have used brushes/blur tools which pixel artists dont use. We try to keep complete control over each pixel and therefore work with palletes as small as they can be without loss of detail. sprites look much better pixelled than brushed cause as you might have noticed, everything gets pretty blurry with brushes, and its very hard to add small details.
I hope this helped a bit ;)

Offline darkevildemon

• View Profile

Re: my first steps in pixel art

Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 01:13:08 pm
yes, jpegs were very blurry, i've removed them ... thanks imageshack.

It is true, my two first works (for the most) were made using 1 or 2 pixels brushes but i learn and for my next work, i'd like to make a better use of the pixel.  ;D
i'll post here some samples in the future to have your very intersting commentaries

thanks