AuthorTopic: An NES Halloween  (Read 3334 times)

Offline gau dog

• View Profile

An NES Halloween

on: October 31, 2008, 02:17:32 pm
Sorry about the size, I post these images elsewhere.

Happy Halloween!!

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Re: An NES Halloween

Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:42:42 pm
Why'd you make 'em so big? The forum has a zoom function for a reason. Also, you should make it clear when you steal mario and megaman etc.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 10:07:23 am by TomF »

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 11:44:39 pm
eh......its a lighthearted pic to match the holiday...lighten up

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 11:59:58 pm
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he didn't post it for critique or practice

Offline gau dog

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 04:14:17 am
Sorry again for the size.  I post these in other places on the web that don't have the zoom function.  I don't know how strongly people feel about spoofs.  And I apologize if the "NES" title was too vague a credit.  I'm very new to making pixel art and the pixel art culture and I'm interested in it mostly for nostalgic and fun purposes.  I'm not a perfectionist or into revisionism though I very much welcome any critiques to learn for future works.  I am mostly looking for a place more to show pixel art than anything else.  Maybe this isn't the right forum?  If someone can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated too. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:19:39 am by gau dog »

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 10:06:16 am
I'm sorry, maybe I do need to lighten up :). Whenever you take stuff from other games/artists etc. it's best to let people know where you've taken them from, just so we know what's yours and whats not. This place is really more of a practise and critique forum than a gallery, so if you're only interested in showcasing your work then head on over to Pixel Joint and post your work there.

I apologize for coming off as grumpy and negative, maybe I was a little out of order. I didn't mean to offend you at all. :)