AuthorTopic: Space Battle wippy [WIP]  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Helmasaur King

• View Profile

Space Battle wippy [WIP]

on: March 01, 2009, 06:31:30 am
Well, I am going to use this thread to introduce myself I guess along with my wippy. Well, I'm Helmasaur King, I go as such names as Grief Ninja, Helmasaur King, andmaybe some more. I've been doing pixel art for a very long time, very simple when I was young. I'm 14 years old, and I started to get back into pixel art in  December of 07, when one of my friends at school showed me some website on making pixel cars. Pixel cars are very similar to this, except, they almost always, or "new styled" have AA, and usually over 10 shades on the scaled (replicas) and 5 on the Kuru Kuru (squished ones). Though in pixel cars people usually make parts for the community, then you must credit everything you didnt make, but I really dont like it, so I make everything myself right now, unless there is a set car I have to modify. I've done those for a bout a year now, so I have some skills in Pixel art.... but I suck :>

Well, just ignore that block above if you want to see the wippy.

Basically I'm going for like a futuristic look, its very simple so far, I'll probably end up changing the roundish ship, I just need to think about it for a few minutes.

So yeah.. its ok I guess ahhahahaha. its complete crap compared to a lot of the stuff here, but I'd like some komments and kritisizm. I'm gonna add a lot more too, so dont comment onthe emptiness :P

K&K would help :>

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 06:44:09 am by Helmasaur King »

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Re: Space Battle wippy [WIP]

Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 07:17:20 am
Hey, simple is good, don't shroud your small sprites with unnecessary details when you don't have to, the sprite will stay looking distinguished and readable that way as well.

The perspective is just weird to me, but I can't really tell yet, maybe it's because I'm not used to seeing shmups in that view.

Are you going to make this into a game.. Are you already? Do you have anything planned? Or did you just decide you wanted to draw something like this, futuristic, and draw it?

Offline Helmasaur King

• View Profile

Re: Space Battle wippy [WIP]

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:40:54 pm
No, I cant make games, I really wish I could, so if anyone wants to make one with me.. that would be COOOOOOL. :P

And Futuristic style is my favorite style of everything almost, so yeah you'll see a lot like that by me. And the perspective or angle it  is at I agree is kind of odd, which is why I'll probably be changing the disc like silver one. I'll add bigger things though. Thanks for the input, I will try to use it wisely. :>

ANYmore K&K?  I would appreciate it