AuthorTopic: c64 logo"spon"wip  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

c64 logo"spon"wip

on: September 27, 2006, 01:19:52 am
a project ive been doing for a couple months on and off now, for whenever i have a block pixeling something else.
im really trying to have everything maximized, and show full usage of the limitations.
done in timanthes

Offline Takai Soyokaze

• View Profile

Re: c64 logo"spon"wip

Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 01:33:40 am
It's a bit hard to critque c64, just cause it's awesome, but did you stick to the 3 colors per 8x8, I see blatantly in some places you did, which is good, but it seems like you skipped over other areas. Then again there is a lot of black so the areas you did it make some sense.

What is spon, and is that the YUS bird?

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 11:48:55 pm
spon is just a made up name of mine. short for "spontaneous". and there isnt a yus bird anywhere in the pic, on the left side is an s and a p.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 12:16:42 am
While it may be an s and a p, it does look a bit like the !yus! bird's head; the s is the neck and head and the p is the beak.  Whether or not the insinuation of the bird was intentional, it could possibly be built upon as you work on the logo, since I saw the bird there as well.

The logo looks pretty nice.  There's not much to comment on yet, so I'll save further comments for when it's in a state closer to finished-ness.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline JoY

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 04:57:38 pm
I think you should try to create some sort of background and try to loose some of the blackness.
Don't know where you want to go with the colors, but if the S is green, the P yellow and the O purple, it might be a good idea to give the N a different color too. Maybe it's to early to tell, but it looks to me as it is going to be in the same purple/blue tone as the O.
All letters overlap at some point except the P and the O. Maybe it's better to have an overlap there aswell? Make sure people read SPON and not SP ON.

Just some ideas, lookin' good so far!

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 08:23:31 pm
Woah.
The S and the P do look like the YUS bird.